Newbury bargain thread (and bargains in general)

ghost of miles

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I know we have a separate box-set bargain thread, but upping this one to mention that Kathy Sloane's book about the Keystone Korner club, which comes with a CD of live performances from the club, is currently selling new for $6.90 + $3.99 shipping.  It's a $40 list price title, and an excellent volume about the club's history (full disclosure: I'm friends with editor Sascha Feinstein, who also selected the tracks for the CD--a daunting task, as you might well imagine):

Keystone Korner: Portrait of a Jazz Club

On 10/17/2020 at 3:00 PM, ghost of miles said:

I know we have a separate box-set bargain thread, but upping this one to mention that Kathy Sloane's book about the Keystone Korner club, which comes with a CD of live performances from the club, is currently selling new for $6.90 + $3.99 shipping.  It's a $40 list price title, and an excellent volume about the club's history (full disclosure: I'm friends with editor Sascha Feinstein, who also selected the tracks for the CD--a daunting task, as you might well imagine):

Thanks for the tip!  My copy arrived today, and it's a beautiful book!  Kathy Sloane is a very talented photographer.

On 10/17/2020 at 4:00 PM, ghost of miles said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I ordered a "used" but unread copy from Amazon, and also stumbled (Amazon style - they suggested it) onto a similar book by Leo Sullivan about Birdland, which I also ordered.  The whole bill with shipping came to $16 for the two books, and I used rewards points from my Amazon credit card.  Looking forward to both!

With $8 left on an Amazon birthday gift card from last month, I also pulled the trigger on the $6.90 new copy which is now somewhere between Atlanta and Tampa. Thanks GoM.

• 4 weeks later...

A month later, it's still available for that price!

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2020 at 3:00 PM, ghost of miles said:

Thanks for this. I quite enjoyed the book.