Fourth Blindfold Test?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever "knowledge" I have (and it's debatable if I truly have ANY)

So you finally outed yourself as a latter day incarnation of Socrates, who is quoted to have stated "I know I know nothing". ;)

Someday we will discover a series of multiple threads running through all blindfold tests, like # 3 had Dexter Gordon on soprano, # 4 had George Coleman on alto, # 5 had Ronnie Cuber on alto, # 6 had Illinois Jacquet on alto, # 7 had Lester Young on clarinet, # 8 had Jane Ira Bloom on alto, # 9 had Zoot Sims on baritone, # 10 had Buddy de Franco on bass clarinet ...... or consider the clone thread - I'd rather not elaborate :g

I don't know if I'm "in" or not. I dropped the ball in the last one, and didn't participate at all. I mean, I listened to the disc several times, but frankly, the music was so far outside my experience that I didn't post anything. Thing is, I really enjoyed the disc, so it was a great experience for me. But I'm still pondering.

I listened to the disc several times, but frankly, the music was so far outside my experience that I didn't post anything. Thing is, I really enjoyed the disc, so it was a great experience for me.

I'm glad to hear that, Mark. :tup Like I said above, that was the most important thing (to me) about sending out those discs. PLEASE feel free to ask me anything about any of the music I included (that goes for everybody who received my disc), if you're so inclined.

BTW, do NOT pass up the opportunity to listen to Jim's selections!! (What are you, crazy?) ;) It'll be a learning experience, and besides... it's FREE TUNES!! :excited:

Seriously, we're ALL going to get our asses kicked on this one, so you might as well give it a shot.