"Bastards" Dusty Groove reissues some Woody Shaw

connoisseur series500

I like Masters a lot better than Night, one's a near-classic, the other "merely" good, but both are worth getting, especially if you've yet to be fully immersed in the whole Woody Shaw bag but think you might want to be or know that you do.

Just my opinion.

I like Masters a lot better than Night, one's a near-classic, the other "merely" good, but both are worth getting, especially if you've yet to be fully immersed in the whole Woody Shaw bag but think you might want to be or know that you do.

Just my opinion.

Apparently, both were taken from the same concert. Is this correct?

Just my opinion.

Apparently, both were taken from the same concert. Is this correct?

Club date, iirc.

Don't get me wrong, both are fine. But for my money Master is the one I'd get if I were only getting one.

I picked up Master Of The Art last week at my local independent retailer. For some reason he did not receive the other one from his distributor, otherwise I would have purchased both. I have not put the CD on yet, but I have owned both of vinyl for years. My recollection is that the music is very strong, but I recall the sound quality not being as good as I would have preferred. I could be wrong about that. I will try to put the CD on in the next day or two.

I picked up Master Of The Art last week at my local independent retailer. For some reason he did not receive the other one from his distributor, otherwise I would have purchased both. I have not put the CD on yet, but I have owned both of vinyl for years. My recollection is that the music is very strong, but I recall the sound quality not being as good as I would have preferred. I could be wrong about that. I will try to put the CD on in the next day or two.

Looking forward to your opinion.

The band seems to be the same one which was recorded on the four Woody Shaw Live cds, sans Hutcherson that were put out by High Note. Similar material, I suppose?

Edited by connoisseur series500

Looking forward to your opinion.

The band seems to be the same one which was recorded on the four Woody Shaw Live cds, sans Hutcherson that were put out by High Note. Similar material, I suppose?

There was discussion about this in another thread recently. Really good sets.