Wouldn't it be nice...

We should set up a get together sometime to be held in a centrally-located part of the country. It would be fun to meet everyone in person.

We would have to rent out a hotel banquet hall or something and have stereo equipment rented for the occasion. Can you imagine the music fights?

Rooster: Dan, I can't take any more of that Gene Harris crap!

Dan: Well Andrew Hill's music sounds like my flushing toilet!!

Soul Stream (to the DJ): Don't forget; Big John's on next!

DJ: Sorry SS, but Jacknife insists that we repeat this Dodo Green selection!

You guys get the idea....

er, maybe this wouldn't be such a good suggestion. :g

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say the middle of the country I think you are forgetting something... ;)

So, if it has to be the middle of the world... that would be Greenwich, just up the road from me. See you guys there an about an hour, say?

My apologies, David, for being so parochial in my thinking. I forgot that our membership spans all these continents. Well, chalk it up as another dumb Connoisseur idea.

But if this is at all possible, at least to define a meeting place for US members, a big city like NY might scare away some of us Midwesterners here! We should perhaps hold parallel summits: one in USA; one in Europe. I leave it up to you offshore guys to work tht one out.

Nice Jim!

I'll be at Tonic tomorrow night to hear Susie Ibarra if anyone wants to meet up.

Get a good look at this face and call ###.###.#### if you're in the neighborhood. My name is Mr. X by the way.

edit: didn't want to leave my cell number up on the internet for too long... hey conn, you think they'll recognize me now? ;)

the show was interesting. all electro-acoustic improv. it was difficult to tell what was composed and what was not, and the performance was very short. susie was great though. oh well... nobody met us out there. was anyone at birdland on friday? dewey redman group + joe lovano.

Edited by impossible

So, if it has to be the middle of the world... that would be Greenwich..

Well, it's been a well known fact for thousands of years that Jerusalem IS the center of the world. Check out old charts and see.

jerusalem-map-clovis.jpg

Anyways, I donate my humble place for the get-together.

However, to quote some great ones: "You can check out any time you like

But you can never leave..."

Edited by White Lightning

Nice Jim!

I'll be at Tonic tomorrow night to hear Susie Ibarra if anyone wants to meet up.

Get a good look at this face and call 401.573.6581 if you're in the neighborhood. My name is Cary by the way.

Hey Cary,

Keep the pics to a minimum. Want to keep the female fans at bay here! Wouldn't want to overwhelm the site with young screaming gals! :P