All-jazz issue of WaxPoetics

Guest Bill Barton

After more thoroughly "digesting" this issue I'm very impressed with the magazine, which is new to me. Thanks for the heads-up, ghost!!!!!

The Horace Tapscott and Joel Dorn articles are quite good too...

Orfered it from Da' Bastids yesterday, along with the new Georgia Anne Muldrow CD and guees what - Georgia Anne's done temporarily sold out!

So I'm paying postage for a magazine that I could have bout locally, except that I didn't have any trips to the bookstore areas lined up anytime soon.

GRRRR....

:rmad: :rmad: :rmad:

bob_buhl_autograph.jpg

• 3 years later...

Ok, just picked up a copy of #34 The Jazz Issue. Looks interesting. Perhaps of greatest interest is the backstory behind the LP Ululation. Can an album be a cult classic if almost no one has ever heard about it? ... Waxpoetics has decided to reissue Ululation on vinyl and digital download. I might download it to see if the album rates the fuss.

So I came across this the other day, and I will probably digitize a couple of the articles and recycle the magazine. I'd be willing to ship it within North America or to Europe if someone wants it badly enough to pay postage.

In any case, does anyone have any insight into Krasnow's Ululation? As far as I can tell, the vinyl release didn't happen after all nor are the MP3s available for sale.