Funny Rat

Guest Chaney

Another topic: what do you guys think of Braxton's work with Gino Robair?

If you are referring to the duo disc on Rastascan, it's a good one. There aren't a lot of Braxton duo discs with percussionists out there.

Still, I could name you 50 other Braxton discs I'd snap up first.

By the way, Robair is releasing a DVD-A of Braxton recordings with a similar line-up to the 4-CD box.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

why complain about that burrell?

it isn't like it will ever in a million years be on an actual legit CD, will it?

It's unclear whether it will ever see a "legit" release. But that's not the real issue at play here. The question that should be asked is why should DMG be getting money for selling an album when the performers, copyright owners, etc., do not get any money from it? According to DB's manager, DB is one of the few artists who actually does receive monetary compensation, albeit very little, from BYG.

How did that happen (referring to chalupa's thing on DB getting money from BYG)?

Don't know the mechanics of the deal but here's a quote from an email,

"Dave does receive some royalties from the BYG catalog, although he's an

exception as he an agent that aggressively tracks this stuff. It's not much

however. "

How did that happen (referring to chalupa's thing on DB getting money from BYG)?

Don't know the mechanics of the deal but here's a quote from an email,

"Dave does receive some royalties from the BYG catalog, although he's an

exception as he an agent that aggressively tracks this stuff. It's not much

however. "

Probably publishing money paid by Byg licencees. Certainly not artist royalties.

It's a bit strange what the mommy posts about me, of late... I can't remember ever bad-mouthing Few as a flowery ornament... a search didn't yield anything, either.

Anyway, I have his "Continental Jazz Express" and it's pretty intense. Of course I'm a big fan of Lacy and there's plenty of Few there, about which I don't think I ever complained or made any outspoken negative comments.

Chuck, that's good news about your reissue projects! Looking forward a lot!

It's a bit strange what the mommy posts about me, of late... I can't remember ever bad-mouthing Few as a flowery ornament... a search didn't yield anything, either.

Anyway, I have his "Continental Jazz Express" and it's pretty intense. Of course I'm a big fan of Lacy and there's plenty of Few there, about which I don't think I ever complained or made any outspoken negative comments.

using my superior searching abilities i came up with this bit which i would not consider particularly offensive:

I know I still owe you a short review of that Few solo disc I have, "Continental Jazz Express". However, after two listens, I cannot really say much about it - it failed to instantly grab me, but somehow I don't want to say anything bad about it, either...

using my superior searching abilities i came up with this bit which i would not consider particularly offensive:

I know I still owe you a short review of that Few solo disc I have, "Continental Jazz Express". However, after two listens, I cannot really say much about it - it failed to instantly grab me, but somehow I don't want to say anything bad about it, either...

Well yes, but my own search for "Continental" (since "Few" is unsearchable) and "Bobby" in recoomendations and for any date did not bring that up... I dimly remembered it, though, and it seems my memory was about right. Anyway, on to more interesting topics again now!

BTW, answering Mommy's question, I will probably reissue "Saga of the Outlaws" this year. I also hope to reissue Roscoe's "Nonaah" and Wadada's "Spirit Catcher". If you care, keep your fingers crossed for extra material on each.

I care, and I'm sure others here do also. Looking forward to the extra material - hope it surfaces.

Guest the mommy

ubu, i said you or DD, i thought. i guess it was not you. not a big deal. i don't even remember the context. just one of you guys, i thought, saying that few played too much.

why complain about that burrell?

it isn't like it will ever in a million years be on an actual legit CD, will it?

One never knows.

I'm on the fence about the whole DMG thing. I mean, Mommy sent me a copy of Le Temps Fou that is a rip. I would never in a million years be able to afford that LP. However, ethically what DMG (and some others) are doing is weak.

Nevertheless, few labels really "paid out" in the first place - BYG, Alan Bates or whomever. So whether they would have got royalties from these sessions to begin with seems fairly moot.