Dewey Redman's "The Ear of the Behearer"

Z-Man

In their review of the 1998 Impulse CD reisue of this album, allmusic.com makes reference to the omission of an "alternate take of Interconnection that was included on a different set".

Has anyone ever seen this or know where I can find a copy?

Man, it's rough being a completist....

Edited by Z-Man

Sorry I can't be of help, but I felt like adding that this is a wonderful album. I don't know if it's out-of-print yet, but any here with just a passing interest in Redman would do well to pick up this reissue. I think, the Coltrane sides notwithstanding, it's my favorite from the short-lived "New Thing" reissue series of five years back.

d4344132s47.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'm really into Dewey's playing lately. I've always been a fan of his work with Ornette, but I really got hooked a few months back when I picked up the ECM LP "The Struggle Continues".

I was disappointed to learn that the bonus tracks on "The Ear Of The Behearer" CD are actually four of the seven cuts from "Coincide". Now I have to hunt for that LP also. The search begins...

• 2 weeks later...