Pat Metheny - Solo and Trio

Ed S

*warning: new girl in the room*

"Turnaround"

"Soul Cowboy"

"Canteloupe Island"

"Question and Answer" (have you recovered from that one yet?)

Just saw 2 shows in Hamilton Ohio; he debuted #27. I really can't put that one into words :blink: except to say that the rumor is that a live recording will be done in Japan and hopefully #27 is front and center.

Edited by rachel

Thank you very much, guys. The guy/girl ratio is kinda sweet around here. I'll just try to stay out of the sports talk as I can throw down the smack quite well but karma has a way of punishing me for it as evidenced by the Colts latest loss to the Jaguars. :blink:

RE: The Trio.... I definitely had to road-trip it for this tour (well... just about every tour, I guess) but I lucked into Hamilton having two shows and being fairly close to me. I briefly spoke to Pat after St. Louis (and was able to form actual sentences (!), and he said he would probably record w/this line-up. Since the stuff he wrote specifically for this trio numbered up to 27, those being the "working titles", I'm thinkin' he has plenty of material.

I also heard that there is new Parallel Realities tour in the works for 04/05 w/DeJohnette/Hancock/Metheny/Holland.

I also heard that there is new Parallel Realities tour in the works for 04/05 w/DeJohnette/Hancock/Metheny/Holland.

Wow! That would be great, to say the least. I wonder if they would tour the States, though. That kind of all-star thing appears to be more feasible in Europe, for some reason.

I'm looking forward to the next PMG project myself; I really like the current lineup. CJ's been keeping us updated, but he hasn't had much to say lately. What up, CJ?

hi Joe G. Mainly schoolwork and I haven't been into posting all that much. Well, I was able to d/l a whole trio show from 11/1, via bit torrent. I haven't heard the whole thing, but there is a track entitled #13, that is being played on the electric sitar(!) (he hasn't pulled that sucker out in 10 years almost) but on this show I have it's on the Ibanez. Mike, the professor I TA under has the new DB with Pat on the cover, and he says that he said a few things that are very interesting: apparently he explains the reason why Wertico was bumped for Antonio, not dissing Paul, but talking about how limited he was in terms of the further concepts the PMG has been into, and also that the forthcoming PMG disc has been tracked, and is one of the deepest things he and Lyle has ever done compositionally. I wanna read that article myself, went looking for it at the B&N down the road from BU, and it's not in yet, as of two nights ago. Also would like the cover to hang on my wall or something.

• 1 year later...

Actually RDK, Pat doesn't mind his shows being taped as long as he doesn't see the red recording light, then he will self edit his playing.

Hmm. Interesting detail. I don't tape myself, but there seems to be as many live Metheny recordings out there as the Grateful Dead and DMB. B-)

They also broadcast live jazz recordings in Europe far more often than they do here in the U.S. (which is just about never).