MLB 2009 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey! Zito didn't suck...and for a second start in a row!

Wow!

Dodgers lose [even after the SF bullpen gave it all away...the bastards], Giants win.

Sanchez vs. [the oh-so-vaunted] Billingsly tonight.

We can only hope the SF bullpen can hold the lead, assuming there will be one....and assuming the SF batters can hit.

Just shoot me.

I realize they had to lose sometime but Jesus Christ that was fucking annoying. Score 7 runs in the first three innings but never keep a lead because Brad Penny sucks ass. Then get into the "awful" Indian bullpen and do nothing against them at all except squeeze across one run that is immediately given back by Saito.

Finally, lose it because a POS like Javier Lopez has to pitch the ninth since Penny couldn't manage even four innings, and he loses it by dropping the shuffle pass from Youkilis on what would have been out number three.

FUCK.

I realize they had to lose sometime but Jesus Christ that was fucking annoying. Score 7 runs in the first three innings but never keep a lead because Brad Penny sucks ass. Then get into the "awful" Indian bullpen and do nothing against them at all except squeeze across one run that is immediately given back by Saito.

Finally, lose it because a POS like Javier Lopez has to pitch the ninth since Penny couldn't manage even four innings, and he loses it by dropping the shuffle pass from Youkilis on what would have been out number three.

FUCK.

Welcome to our world. At least you have no need to check the scores to confirm that the Nationals still have a record inferior to your beloved team. Try that one on for size.

I'm waiting for the pay-per-view Brad Penny vs. Carl Pavano matchup in which fans get paid to view their "stuff".

And how appropriate that it ends on an error - they made three of them and only five of nine runs allowed were earned.

F-ing pathetic.

The Red Sox need to reach a point where they say Fuck It and just go with the youth Bucholz ,Masterson, Bowden.....

would they ever think of dealing Dice-K ?

PR purposes dealing Dice-K would not be good especially with the Japanese market that the Sox have reached out to for Advertisement .

BUT wouldn't you rather see Bucholz and Masterson in the starting rotation than Dice- K and Penny?

Why does Dan gotta go ape$hit after every Bosox loss?

Even after winning 11 straight freaking games

Chill out

They can not win every single game

News flash they might even lose 60-70 games

The Tribe should have their 11th win in about 2 more weeks

If he calls the Indians bullpen awful one more time we will go a few rounds

Edited by Soulstation1

And how appropriate that it ends on an error - they made three of them and only five of nine runs allowed were earned.

F-ing pathetic.

The Red Sox need to reach a point where they say Fuck It and just go with the youth Bucholz ,Masterson, Bowden.....

would they ever think of dealing Dice-K ?

PR purposes dealing Dice-K would not be good especially with the Japanese market that the Sox have reached out to for Advertisement .

BUT wouldn't you rather see Bucholz and Masterson in the starting rotation than Dice- K and Penny?

Yes to Masterson over Penny, there's too much invested in Dice-K just to ship him out, and no reason to take away from your depth (Penny getting traded though is OK once Smoltz is back). You can't say for sure if Buchholz will perform like we hoped he was going to last season before that disaster. But the bullpen has to continue to perform, with Okajima and Saito getting better and MDC and Ramirez not falling off, before you can say Masterson can stay in the rotation permanently. For one thing, he's not doing much to save the bullpen since he seems to last 5 or 5+ innings only on a normal pitch count. To really be effective, we need at least 6 and preferably 7 out of him consistently.

I'm hoping that this 7-10 day shut down of Smoltz is nothing significant. We don't have to have him by June 1 the way things are going, but we have to have him effective and healthy the rest of the way once he does come back.

As I mentioned earlier, I've been away from baseball since '94 or so; the only player name I recognized during a Braves game the other day was that new kid, Chipper Jones. Imagine my shock at the first close up of his face...not exactly a rookie any more. Anyways, in this new world of baseball, I have no idea who is who, so pardon this ignorant question: Is Pujols for real? Or is he just another steroid junkie pumping up his numbers with the needle?

Well in the end I don't really give a shit about an indignity like 12-0 - but if anyone thinks the Red Sox can compete for anything with Josh Beckett gulping gonads every start, you got another think coming. Over his last 9 2/3 innings, he's given up 15 runs, all of them earned. And he gets the Yankees next, at the newest launching pad.

So let's see - Lester has been, at best, inconsistent. Beckett flat out sucks in every start since the opener. Dice-K is on the DL. Penny has an ERA of 8. Wakefield is the ace, and the reality is that we all know he can't keep it up an entire year. And Masterson has been consistently decent.

That's a fucking championship rotation? What happens if they need Smoltz to be an ace, not just a future Hall of Famer pitching in the third spot?