MLB 2009 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

time to put an * on those Red Sox world series.

Forgetting for a minute what a nightmare putting a retroactive * in the record book would create... I still don't think you can do it because apparently he just tested positive this season only.

Forgetting for a minute what a nightmare putting a retroactive * in the record book would create... I still don't think you can do it because apparently he just tested positive this season only.

You can't do that ...if you could prove evey player on the team was doing roids maybe.

in 07 i don't think Lowell, Ellsbury , pedroia, papelbon , Schill, Beckett, were doing roids.

and even if you do Roids doesn't mean you will win Championships ....A-Rod, Giambi .....

You can't do that ...if you could prove evey player on the team was doing roids maybe.

in 07 i don't think Lowell, Ellsbury , pedroia, papelbon , Schill, Beckett, were doing roids.

and even if you do Roids doesn't mean you will win Championships ....A-Rod, Giambi .....

It wasn't roids anyway. I bet it was weed! "Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me," link

Of course it would be impossible and a nightmare to retroactive the record books. So stop the witch hunts. Everyone roided, yes, it was still a level playing field. So given that, the media, the public, and the government need to remove themselves from the ballsacks of Bonds, Clemens, and anyone else selectively mentioned in the self-admittedly incomprehensive Mitchell Report.

EVERYONE needs to recognizes that everyone roided.

Edited by WorldB3

It wasn't roids anyway. I bet it was weed! "Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me," link

Now I blame Ahnold for re-opening the debate.

I bet it was weed! "Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me," link

I wonder if Manny got a Medical Marijuana card in his name, citing stress at work?

Edited by WorldB3

I wonder if Manny got a Medical Marijuana card in his name, citing stress at work?

Yeah that's what I'm saying.

link on Manny.

Dodgers should still win the division but if I were the Giants I would try and trade for a bat right now and take advantage.

Don't count the Padres out just yet.

But you're right, the Giants are in desperate need of a bona fide #4 holer so the guys batting in front or behind him will see better pitches.

link on Manny.

Dodgers should still win the division but if I were the Giants I would try and trade for a bat right now and take advantage.

Dang.

Then I just lost a bet on how long Manny would last; I said until the All Star break.

sheesh

Its 100% bull shit to extrapolate anything from this positive test and 50 game suspension into any sort of aspersion whatsoever on the 2004 or 2007 World Championships.

And I say a hearty "FUCK YOU" to anyone who wants to make that claim.

Dangerous Dan hath spoken.

:g

From the link....

However, two sources told ESPN's T.J. Quinn and Mark Fainaru-Wada that the drug used by Ramirez is HCG -- human chorionic gonadotropin. HCG is a women's fertility drug typically used by steroid users to restart their body's natural testosterone production as they come off a steroid cycle. It is similar to Clomid, the drug Bonds, Giambi and others used as clients of BALCO.

Clomid??? Holy crap. My wife took that stuff a couple of years ago when she was trying to get pregnant. It turned her into a stark raving mad lunatic.

Its 100% bull shit to extrapolate anything from this positive test and 50 game suspension into any sort of aspersion whatsoever on the 2004 or 2007 World Championships.

I don't know, Dan. Have you ever compared before and after pix of Mike Lowell? If there's a more obvious juicer, I don't know who it would be. Manny and Lowell are just the tip of the iceberg. Once MLB gets to looking into this, who knows what might happen. I mean c'mon, Dan, the Yanks were up 3-0 in 2004 and lost the series? No way that happens unless are chemicals involved.

Equally Dangerous Dave

Up over and out.

I don't know, Dan. Have you ever compared before and after pix of Mike Lowell? If there's a more obvious juicer, I don't know who it would be. Manny and Lowell are just the tip of the iceberg. Once MLB gets to looking into this, who knows what might happen. I mean c'mon, Dan, the Yanks were up 3-0 in 2004 and lost the series? No way that happens unless are chemicals involved.

Equally Dangerous Dave

Up over and out.

What are you talking about ?....wasn't Giambi on that Yankee team?...He was juicing, probably Jeter too it's funny how he declined so fast.

And A-ROD and Sheffield ........so the Sox came back from a 3-0 deficit because they were juicing and the Yankees were not.

Typical New York crap.

Edited by zen archer

What are you talking about ?....wasn't Giambi on that Yankee team?...He was juicing, probably Jeter too it's funny how he declined so fast.

And A-ROD and Sheffield ........so the Sox came back from a 3-0 deficit because they were juicing and the Yankees were not.

Typical New York crap.

Umm...er...fish on? Can you say tongue in cheek? :huh:

Up over and out.

Typical New York crap.

Umm...er...fish on? Can you say tongue in cheek? :huh:

Up over and out.

Oh humor ...so do you really think Lowell is a juicer ?

Dave's tongue was firmly in cheek in his last couple of posts.

As for the claim of clomid - surely there are legitimate medical reasons to prescribe it, right? I mean, are we now presuming that Manny is a hard core juicer but went to a Doctor for a prescription of a female fertility drug to jump start his testicles into producing testosterone? Doesn't make a lot of sense, even for Manny, and he does have all of the passed steroid tests up til now.

There's an awful lot of contradictory information coming out - it was steroids, it wasn't steroids. Now its clomid

Dave's tongue was firmly in cheek in his last couple of posts.

As for the claim of clomid - surely there are legitimate medical reasons to prescribe it, right? I mean, are we now presuming that Manny is a hard core juicer but went to a Doctor for a prescription of a female fertility drug to jump start his testicles into producing testosterone? Doesn't make a lot of sense, even for Manny, and he does have all of the passed steroid tests up til now.

There's an awful lot of contradictory information coming out - it was steroids, it wasn't steroids. Now its clomid

The information is sketchy. But ESPN reported (or, they reported that a couple of reporters who follow this sort of thing reported ...) that the fertility drug is commonly used at the end of a roid cycle to kick-start the production of testosterone. If it was this drug, and that is a common usage among athletes, anything short of the prescribing physician coming out (with Manny's blessing, of course) and saying why he prescribed it would likely leave most people believing he was cycling roids.

But regardless what the purpose was, he used a banned substance. Unless baseball grants the limited use of some of these banned substances for legitimate medical reasons, he's in the same camp as the rest of the players who've been busted, in my view.

As for Boston's titles, they're legit. Even if Manny and the whole team was roided up (which there's no evidence of), they didn't get caught. It would only be a problem if someone tested samples from their championship years and found the whole team was juiced and their opponents weren't. Doubt that's going to happen. You can only penalize what you have evidence for.