MLB 2009 Season

Thank you, Paps.

So in the case of Alex Rodriguez we shouldn't limit our speculation. But according to you and Paps that doesn't apply to Manny and his time with the Red Sox. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Edited by WorldB3

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And there is no evidence Bonds did either.

Speculation is all anyone has proven and if the media, HOF, and MLB let ManRam and the BoSox off the hook then this MLB drug testing program is just a biased piece of garbage.

Is there really "no" evidence Bonds did?

There's pretty clear evidence, unless you live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The difference I see between Bonds and someone like Manny is that Bond's asterisks belong next to his individual records, and rightfully so.

Assuming Ramirez was juicing while in Boston, then the records that Goodspeak is arguing should be asterisked are team records. It's more difficult in my mind to paint the whole team with a brush stroke that may (MAY) be deserved for one player.

Any of Ramirez', Clemen's, and A-Roid's individual records should have asterisks. I'm not sure how to deal with team accomplishments when there is a juicing player on the team.

Thank you, Paps.

So in the case of Alex Rodriguez we shouldn't limit our speculation. But according to you and Paps that doesn't apply to Manny and his time with the Red Sox. Doesn't seem fair to me.

There are people who are asserting that A-Rod used in high school and possibly with the Yankees. You can dismiss it because they won't put their name out there but you don't even have anonymous sources to claim that Manny used while with the Sox.

Can't get away from the steroids without mentioning that Bill Plaschke is a raving moron. He thinks that hitting .520 in the playoffs last year is evidence that Manny was juicing.

Plaschke has never heard the phrase "small sample size".

Can't get away from the steroids without mentioning that Bill Plaschke is a raving moron. He thinks that hitting .520 in the playoffs last year is evidence that Manny was juicing.

I dunno who Bill Plaschke is, but I figure that the concept of "sample size" is beyond the comprehension of most sportswriters...

I dunno who Bill Plaschke is, but I figure that the concept of "sample size" is beyond the comprehension of most sportswriters...

I heard the interview with this idiot. The audio was accompanied by a strong odor of vinegar and water.

It got overlooked but I noticed that Dominic DiMaggio died Friday, was supposed to be a very good player in his day. On to something else: The Mariners looked so bad yesterday, with Beltre looking especially terrible, it was like he left his brain at the hotel. Plus Felix Hernandez looks like he ready to call it a season already. The Mariners should trade these two and at least get some people who want to play.

I was going to post about Dom Dimaggio earlier. One of those guys who might have made it in to the Hall if not for time spent in WWII - especially under the old you-scratch-my-back Veteran's Committee. ;) A good bat and great glove, Enos Slaughter's Mad Dash might have been cut down had Dom not suffered a leg injury in the previous inning. He always maintained he would have gotten to the ball sooner and gotten it into Pesky quicker than his sub did. Centerfield looks pretty cool now with a huge "7" cut into it.

Nice story from the Globe:

She recalled that in Wellesley, neighborhood children flocked to the DiMaggio house because there always was extra equipment for games. One day when the children couldn't find a ball, she said, they went into Mr. DiMaggio's study and borrowed one covered with signatures -- a pennant ball, perhaps.

Upon arriving home in the evening, Mr. DiMaggio spied the ball, now sporting grass stains and smudged names, and asked, "What is this?"

"We told him we used it for the neighborhood ballgame with the kids," his daughter said. "We were waiting for the reaction, and he said, 'So, did you win?' That's who he was, an incredible dad."

Another Yankee game...another Yankee loss. Not only that, but with A-Roid returning to the team this weekend, this circus is about to add another ring. Somewhere behind closed doors, the brass has to be discussing a managerial change. I supported Girardi when they hired him before last season, but he's had more than enough time to show that he can get the job done and it's pretty obvious he can't. Best to cut your losses now and try to get the ship righted before its too late. Right now, the whole organization both on and off the field is a total disaster. Too bad The Boss is out of it. Heads would have rolled long ago if he still had his wits about him.

Up over and out.

Yep--plus the new stadium bites IMO.

A fine column about the many things wrong with the new Stadium, written as an open letter to Old King George.

Centerfield looks pretty cool now with a huge "7" cut into it.

Nice! Those DiMaggio kids sure could field. Dom had a pretty good hitting streak of his own, ultimately stopped by brother Joe's glove.

Bobby Doer is still alive and sharp-witted too. He lives in a neighboring small Oregon town and appears at a signing at an RV place (I believe he's a friend of the owner) at least once a year.

The Providence Journal is reporting that Daniel Bard has been called up from AAA, hopefully to replace Hunter Jones. I was thinking yesterday as that game slipped away, what you need in that situation - bases loaded, no outs - is a guy who can come in and just blow people away with 100 MPH cheese. Maybe Bard won't start right off doing that, but just like Tito sometimes brings in Papelbon in the eighth when he can't afford having a batter make any contact, a Bard is the type of guy you want to pull your nuts out of the fire by striking out the side. I can't wait to see what he does.

It got overlooked but I noticed that Dominic DiMaggio died Friday, was supposed to be a very good player in his day. On to something else: The Mariners looked so bad yesterday, with Beltre looking especially terrible, it was like he left his brain at the hotel. Plus Felix Hernandez looks like he ready to call it a season already. The Mariners should trade these two and at least get some people who want to play.

Not overlooked here in paradise. It was all Dom all the time for two days straight. It was nice to hear a lot of quotes in favor of a guy who gets very overlooked. My favorite was from his brother: "He's the best defensive centerfielder I ever saw."

Well, losing Pedroia would be a crushing blow so I am holding my breath on that, but I am tickled pink that Javier Lopez was DFA'd to make room for Daniel Bard. I was certain they'd give Lopez til June, at least before cutting him loose.

Now as long as Bard proves he's ready for prime time unlike Yankee "stud" Melancon, I'll be a happy boy.

Speculation is all anyone has proven and if the media, HOF, and MLB let ManRam and the BoSox off the hook then this MLB drug testing program is just a biased piece of garbage.

None.

The government's got nothing on Bonds and they know it.

Edited by GoodSpeak

There's pretty clear evidence, unless you live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

The difference I see between Bonds and someone like Manny is that Bond's asterisks belong next to his individual records, and rightfully so.

Assuming Ramirez was juicing while in Boston, then the records that Goodspeak is arguing should be asterisked are team records. It's more difficult in my mind to paint the whole team with a brush stroke that may (MAY) be deserved for one player.

Any of Ramirez', Clemen's, and A-Roid's individual records should have asterisks. I'm not sure how to deal with team accomplishments when there is a juicing player on the team.

It is only "clear evidence" if you live in Texas and blindly accept everything the biased sporting media feeds you. Bovine blindly accept everything too, Aggie. Mooooo.

BTW...let the record show Barry Bonds never got a suspension in his entire career. Manny Ramirez got 50 games.

Give back the WS rings, BoSox.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Well, the Mariners are now Your Second Place Seattle Mariners, at least they're still .500. And, WTH??? Manny gone for 50 games??? Manny is really being Manny this time.

And the Dodgers have lost 2 straight !

And the Giants have beaten the Dodgers two out of three, at home, in LaLa Land.

No Manny, no wins, no nothing.

Dodgers suck without him....it is a one man team.

Pssh.

None.

The government's got nothing on Bonds and they know it.

You are an absolute fucking fool and every single person who reads this thread or the steroid thread has reached the exact same conclusion.