MLB 2009 Season

7 straight wins against the Yanks !!!!.....The Yankees don't even look like the Yankees anymore something weird about them.

Why would Girardi take A-Rod out of the game when he walked in the 9th? He is not the worse base runner and if the Yanks had tied the game you lose the best player on your team.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure I should look at the motherfucking bright side (going 9-3 in four straight series against division leaders) but Jesus Fucking Christ when you go for the sweep with your "ace" on the mound and end up losing 11-6 it really fucking pisses me off. :rmad::angry:

* This one is for you, Jeff and Matthew. :g I am sticking with the bright side. We're in first, best record in the league ...

** actually I am motherfucking annoyed because the MFY tattooed Santana while Beckett embarrassed himself, and there's no fucking excuse for shit like that.

Braves have managed to work themselves into 4th place, way to go braves! :rolleyes: Really can't wait to see the Red Sox beat up the hapless braves.

And all the bitching about Citizens bank park or Yankee stadium, what about Camden Yards??? Braves played 3 games there, and that one sure seems every bit the joke the others are considered. Really funny watching folks trying to run on Frenchy when he's about 50 feet from home plate....anyone want to trade for him yet??? Perhaps he can be a pitcher again, like he was in school! :excited:

Camden Yards has played since the beginning - its a new place supposedly built to the "same" dimensions as the old one playing differently that gets people's attention.

Interesting news on Smoltz - one more rehab start for Pawtucket on Wednesday, and then he won't start until a week from Thursday, against the Nationals. So they aren't putting him in the rotation as early as it looked like they would, and they're doing it in a way that he avoids both Braves series.

And Francona indicated that at least at the start, the Sox would go with a six man rotation, after essentially saying that they weren't really considering that. There have also been reports that in a six man rotation, Lester and Beckett would remain on a five day schedule. Where does that leave the other guys?

I do like the fact that he says Smoltz will be slotted in between Beckett and Lester. If he pitches like he's capable, there's your top three you want to match up with anyone else.

I sort of like the idea of not rushing into a Penny trade and not letting Smoltz return dictate a trade when something better might develop if they wait it out. On the other hand, keeping Penny would mean that Bard would have to be optioned to Pawtucket when they activate Smoltz, and that makes no sense. There are reports that Saito is getting interest but at this point I see no reason to weaken the bullpen. Buchholz is waiting and wondering at AAA, just move Penny while his value is high, so long as you are sure Smoltz is going to help!

Red Sox have 500th consecutive sellout tonight. A record by a long shot (old record was Cleveland at 455).

That's a record the Yankees will never break. Also last night Bobby Orr came out of the Green Monster to

greet Jason Bay .......#4.....Bobby Orr......the greatest hockey player to ever live and my personal favorite athlete of all time!

... Ortiz, who had a .185 average on May 31, is batting .342 in June. ...

His OPS is also over 1.000, because as he's started to hit, pitchers are working him more carefully and more walks are the result. I'm ecstatic because they didn't pull the trigger too quickly, but the reality is that the team has started to fire on all cylinders - the starting pitching has really come around (with the exception of Dice-K), and Francona has had the golden touch on the lineup changes - drop Ellsbury and Ortiz, put Drew in the two-hole, and everyone has responded, with the result that the offense has been consistently good. At this point I don't even want him to bring the old lineup back if Ortiz comes all the way back and is hitting .300 by the end of July. Drew is perfect batting second, much better than in an RBI spot like 6 or 7. Youk and Bay are the perfect 3-4, Ortiz extends the lineup nicely and when Lowrie is back, Ellsbury should do even better in the 8 spot than he has been.

It will be real interesting how they go with the six man rotation for however long they do. Ideally Smoltz does very well and so does Penny. Then there is more demand for Penny and they get something decent for him, while Smoltz shows that he can still do it. But don't make a move until you are sure - if Smoltz has a setback, keep everyone where they are (with the possible exception of switching out Dice for Buchholz.

The Phillies are in a rough patch right now. Got swept by the Blue Jays today at home to go 1-5 on this home stand, 13-19 overall. Worse yet is that the injury bug has claimed another victim - Raul Ibanez (hammy) 15 days DL. Those are some big shoes to fill. The Phillies need to make a trade for #1 or 2 starter or they're done. And no more of the #4 or 5 guys(Moyer, Lohse, Blanton) that they usually get. The problem is there really isn't anyone available. Peavy is on the DL for an extended stay. After sweeping the Phils the Jays will probably hang onto Halladay. Oswalt is a possibility but scouting reports say he has lost a little velocity. Not good. Really pissed they didn't sign Derek Lowe when they had the chance in the off season. I guess that means Brad Penny will be serving up gopher balls soon at the Bank.

Edited by J.H. Deeley