MLB 2009 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you Francona for leaving Saito in the game, good decision!

Very strange top of the 9th managing by Francona, the bullpen must have been over worked or something to let Saito, who was pitching very poorly, stay in and lose that game for Boston. :huh:

I gotta say I am shocked Wakefield got chosen for the All-Star game. I mean 10, possibly 11 wins at the break is an accomplishment, and as the second oldest participant its a great achievement, but his ERA is just OK, and matching him up with a catcher who has never caught him in a game before is awfully risky in a game that "counts". With Mauer as the starter and having presumably caught R.A. Dickey, does this mean that Wake will start the game? Or does Wakefield get the honor but won't play unless it goes to extra innings and they might need him for four innings? Cause with someone unfamiliar with catching him, it won't take three or four innings to have a winner. It will be over almost immediately.

I gotta say I am shocked Wakefield got chosen for the All-Star game. I mean 10, possibly 11 wins at the break is an accomplishment, and as the second oldest participant its a great achievement, but his ERA is just OK, and matching him up with a catcher who has never caught him in a game before is awfully risky in a game that "counts". With Mauer as the starter and having presumably caught R.A. Dickey, does this mean that Wake will start the game? Or does Wakefield get the honor but won't play unless it goes to extra innings and they might need him for four innings? Cause with someone unfamiliar with catching him, it won't take three or four innings to have a winner. It will be over almost immediately.

Wakefield getting chosen is more of a Lifetime Achievement honor. His first time, he's been around forever, and he'll love it. A good guy, who is getting a good reward.

Bastita is coming in for Seattle, so Boston will go ahead this inning....

Wakefield getting chosen is more of a Lifetime Achievement honor. His first time, he's been around forever, and he'll love it. A good guy, who is getting a good reward.

Bastita is coming in for Seattle, so Boston will go ahead this inning....

Carnac.jpg

I'm glad your call was right as the MFY are making sure that the Blue Jays will be sellers this month. What a pathetic bullpen, and what the hell has happened to BJ Ryan? From unhittable to incapable of getting anyone out. He's gotta be hurt - again.

I'm really happy for the guy. If men end up getting on base and Mauer (or whoever is catching) can't handle it then they can just bring in another pitcher. They've added one more pitcher to the roster this year. By 2020 they'll probably have 50 man rosters and the managers will still have guilt trips over trying to get everyone into the game. :crazy:

I'm happy for Wakefield as well. I love seeing the 1st year guys. I know the starting lineup is a popularity contest- but I don't believe every team should be represented- nor do I believe that the winner should get home field in the World Series.

It is motherfucking infuriating to come home having won seven straight series, ten games at home against utterly shitty opponents, and they are about to go 1-3 in the first four games. What should be the fucking cherry on top of the first half is turning into a motherfucking nightmare.

And if this is what Smoltz is, then you can fucking forget about October.

It is motherfucking infuriating to come home having won seven straight series, ten games at home against utterly shitty opponents, and they are about to go 1-3 in the first four games. What should be the fucking cherry on top of the first half is turning into a motherfucking nightmare.

And if this is what Smoltz is, then you can fucking forget about October.

...and imagine, one of those crappy opponets took 4 of 6 against Boston!

The only thing better than kicking a Red Sox fan when they're down is kicking a Yankee fan when they're down. :P

Edited by Matthew

They were kicking around the Nomar reception at Fenway on First Take today. Somewhat predictably, the consensus seemed to be that the fans were thanking him for leaving and taking the Ruth curse with him.

... and that BoSox fans are going soft ... :P

Looked like a nice reception. Makes you wonder how Manny, who actually helped win them a couple of titles, would be received. Fans sure seem to love him everywhere else he goes.