MLB 2009 Season

Well I guess its small consolation that the Yankees got another shitty performance by a "star" pitcher and are still waiting for their first win.

But losing the way they did tonight, with Matt "Cy Young Against the Red Sox" Garza going tomorrow, I am pretty f-ing pissed right now.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I guess its small consolation that the Yankees got another shitty performance by a "star" pitcher and are still waiting for their first win.

But losing the way they did tonight, with Matt "Cy Young Against the Red Sox" Garza going tomorrow, I am pretty f-ing pissed right now.

I know just the thing to cure the Yankees, trade Seattle for Carlos Silva. Believe me, he's a great pitcher.....

Didn't see the opener, but Kazmir looked OK tonight. Got himself in a jam or two, but got out. Change-up looks very good. The pen was efficient as well. Nice to get some hits -- a little long ball, a little small ball. I was kind of channel surfing a bit so wasn't paying that close attention to Lester., but 5 earned in 5 innings has to be a disappointment. Frankly, from what I saw the BoSox looked a little flat tonight -- some less-than sparkling defense. Not unexpected this time of year I guess. The Rays offense was able to put some pressure on them. ... Nice to see Baldelli out there in right field.

Love the center field camera at Fenway. The best plate shot I've seen of home plate, I think. You can really see the movement on the pitches and the location much better than more common angle that's slightly off center.

Go O's!

I wonder if they're ready to make some noise? They had a pretty good start out of the gate last season, too -- for a couple of weeks, if I recall correctly. I think they may have swept the Rays to open the season, in fact.

I know just the thing to cure the Yankees, trade Seattle for Carlos Silva. Believe me, he's a great pitcher.....

Ugh. How I wish we could wave a wand and make it happen (I'd send him anywhere, it doesn't have to be the Yankees.) Still holding onto mad optimism though, as back-to-back 1 run losses with Ichiro out...Uh, well, I'm remaining optimistic anyway! I mean the team can't be as bad as the economy can it? Also while I know I'm supposed to be jaded about such things, but it does make me smile to see "Griffey" batting 3rd. I know, he turns 40 around Thanksgiving (hey Beri, I did the math right this time), but I can't help it. Ya know, I bet Edgar could still hit .310...

You know the Atlanta Braves got a bunch better this off season. And if they were still playing in the NL West they would have a good shot for the playoffs. BUT...... they're not. So the best they can hope for - right now - is 3rd place. And if you have any doubts about this I refer you to today's game vs. the Phillies. Vazquez gave the Braves bullpen a 7 run lead going into the 7th. And they blew it. Atlanta will not make the playoffs with this bullpen. It needs a big time make over. And until that happens they can forget about the postseason**.

** See New York Mets 2008.

That was one of the worst losses in a long time...well, back to last year at least! ;) Seriously the bullpen is not as bad as you saw. Peter Moylan was great in 2007, 1.82 ERA, but he had Tommy John surgery 11 months ago! Really should be rehabbing in AAA. And Booby had said he wasn't going to pitch on back to back nights, and was warming up in each game, but just pitched today. In his feeble little brain if you don't come in a game, you didn't do a thing to stress your arm. And the one Loogy(Gonzo can't count, he's the closer) O'Flaherty ...he got 4 outs yesterday, then came in today. Not smart. 8 guys in the bullpen. Campillo is really a starter,(3.91 ERA in 25 starts last year) did nothing to lose the job this year, just have too many starters right now. He walked 2 in less than an inning today, 38 last year in 158 innings. Blaine Boyer and Moylan have 3 ### in place of E.R.A. stats, that can't be good!

Should have re-signed Will Ohman, but the brain trust must really feel great about saving that 1 + million :rolleyes:

I don't know where we will end up...all the talk about the Marlins this year, how people think they have the best starters in the NL East...they may once again end up in first. Well, the playoffs, they usually get in via the wildcard, right???? No one else really has that good of a rotation(Braves would if Tommy Hanson was in the ML, instead of AAA)

Didn't see the opener, but Kazmir looked OK tonight. Got himself in a jam or two, but got out. Change-up looks very good. The pen was efficient as well. Nice to get some hits -- a little long ball, a little small ball. I was kind of channel surfing a bit so wasn't paying that close attention to Lester., but 5 earned in 5 innings has to be a disappointment. Frankly, from what I saw the BoSox looked a little flat tonight -- some less-than sparkling defense. Not unexpected this time of year I guess. The Rays offense was able to put some pressure on them. ... Nice to see Baldelli out there in right field.

Love the center field camera at Fenway. The best plate shot I've seen of home plate, I think. You can really see the movement on the pitches and the location much better than more common angle that's slightly off center.

Go O's!

I wonder if they're ready to make some noise? They had a pretty good start out of the gate last season, too -- for a couple of weeks, if I recall correctly. I think they may have swept the Rays to open the season, in fact.

You cannot beat a guy like Kazmir when the Ump is giving him strikes that are in Dorchester, i turned the game off at that point.

Tell me about it. The ump was pathetic, and when one team pitches successfully to his idiotic version of the strikezone and the other team doesn't or can't (how many breaking balls did Lester spin into the dirt, 15 or 20?), its probably going to end up a long night.

And the ump was so bad that when Lopez spun a curveball inside the zone, painting the corner, he called it a ball! It was like it had to be a little outside to get that call. And its little consolation to know that MLB will tell him today that he fucked up royally.

That is bad. Boy the Angles have had some bad stuff happen to them off-field over the years.

You are right. I still think of Lyman Bostock now and then, and wonder if he would have become a hall of famer. Sure was a hall of fame human being. Can you imagine anyone today wanting to give back their salary after a bad month???

Edited by BERIGAN

Ever wanted to know what the real Earl Weaver was like??? Totally, completely safe for work or around the kids, play it very loudly! :excited: :rsmile: :crazy:

That was #^$@#?' great you little *$%@)+{&! (I hope I spelled that right.) We need a Raleigh smoking emoticon btw.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/athlet...ndexn?blogid=21

Brett Anderson for the A's was going to to make his first MLB start tonight. " I'm just devastated for Nick's family and friends and for the Angels. It's terrible. Whatever happens with the game, I'll take it in stride - whatever is best for the Adenhart family and for the Angels.""

Mark Ellis:

"It's so fresh, just facing him last night, You could tell he was enjoying himself, you could see he was confident. He should have felt good, he pitched great. It's just so awful he's gone."

Pretty heavy week for the A's as opening night on Friday they are doing a tribute and matching fundraiser for the four Oakland cops who just got killed. I believe three of them if not all four all worked the games and were well known by players and staff.

I hope Dan's OK. I didn't see the last two innings, but the box score looks like it must have been a frustrating finish for the Red Sox. Percy made an appearance. I see he gave up a homer to the first batter he faced. :wacko:

Off to Baltimore next, which, from the box score looks like they had their bullpen implode on them today.

I hope Dan's OK. I didn't see the last two innings, but the box score looks like it must have been a frustrating finish for the Red Sox. Percy made an appearance. I see he gave up a homer to the first batter he faced. :wacko:

Off to Baltimore next, which, from the box score looks like they had their bullpen implode on them today.

Well at least Varitek hit another Homah !.....can you imagine if the Captain hits 20 round trippers this year.