Beatles Remasters coming! 09/09/09

Aggie87

• 2 weeks later...

I've just ordered the Naked Let it Be. Interested to see how it really should sound better than that Phil Spector mishmash.

To my ears Let It Be - Naked sounds awful, as if a lot (and I mean a lot) of noise reduction was applied. It sounds dead as a dodo.

is it an Emerick re-master? That's how he botched a lot of the Anthology, with No-Noise.

No idea, I sold my copy long ago.

I've just ordered the Naked Let it Be. Interested to see how it really should sound better than that Phil Spector mishmash.

To my ears Let It Be - Naked sounds awful, as if a lot (and I mean a lot) of noise reduction was applied. It sounds dead as a dodo.

is it an Emerick re-master? That's how he botched a lot of the Anthology, with No-Noise.

According to AMG it was mastered by Steve Rooke.

The Let It Be - Naked was perhaps one of the most disappointing releases I ever bought.

It.

Sucked.

And that after all the anticipation.

Life could be so much easier ...

I still have this glossy that was given away at the theater when Mom took me to see Help!

Where, the Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers....then LP shopping at Lechmere's afterwards? ;)

Palace Theater - Canton, Ohio! '65/'66. Same place I had to sleep thru all them biblical movies.

palace.jpg

I think I've been to the Palace. I was born in Canton, Ohio, in Timken-Mercy Hospital.

Didn't mean to ignite a controversy but as far as sound goes, I'm a bit more tolerant, especially if it's something that I would not be able to hear otherwise.

As far as whether the disc itself is disappointing, I guess that's something I'll have to judge myself :)

I still have this glossy that was given away at the theater when Mom took me to see Help!

Where, the Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers....then LP shopping at Lechmere's afterwards? ;)

Palace Theater - Canton, Ohio! '65/'66. Same place I had to sleep thru all them biblical movies.

palace.jpg

I think I've been to the Palace. I was born in Canton, Ohio, in Timken-Mercy Hospital.

GITDAFUGGOUT!

Me too!!! That's just plain crazy!

The Let It Be - Naked was perhaps one of the most disappointing releases I ever bought.

It.

Sucked.

THe thing about Let it be Naked that is not so obvious until you buy it - is that this is not just Let it Be stripped of the Spector added sounds - these are in fact different takes of the tunes in several cases - so it's not just naked - it's different and whether you prefer the Naked versions is up to you. I would have preferred that the Spectored versions would have been stripped - but that's not what happened. The sound, on the other hand, is so much better than any version of LIB out now.

It.

Sucked.

THe thing about Let it be Naked that is not so obvious until you buy it - is that this is not just Let it Be stripped of the Spector added sounds - these are in fact different takes of the tunes in several cases - so it's not just naked - it's different and whether you prefer the Naked versions is up to you. I would have preferred that the Spectored versions would have been stripped - but that's not what happened. The sound, on the other hand, is so much better than any version of LIB out now.

You're right about the Naked version being a totally different animal - and in my opinion not a good one at that - but I disagree with you 100% about the sound; to my ears it's atrocious, with all the life sucked out of the music, and certainly not better than the "regular" Let It Be.

Edited by J.A.W.

palace.jpg

GITDAFUGGOUT!

Me too!!! That's just plain crazy!

Crazy indeed!

My parents are from Louisville. My mom's parents were living in Canton at the time, and my parents were staying there; my dad had just graduated from Swarthmore and was a month away from starting at Union Seminary in NYC. I spent just my first few months in Canton and then two years in NYC and then nine years in Philadelphia, where my dad had his first church.

The AMG review gives a full explanation of the Naked CD, how it's not really the same as the original Let it Be but quite different. The reviewer seems to justify it on the premise that the Let it Be that was issued wasn't exactly a finished album either, just caught in the crosshairs of the Beatles death struggle then going on. In that sense Abbey Road, as well as the White Album, are really incomplete albums as well.