Mosaic gets Spotlight on WGBH Boston

I just caught the last of this program. Here's the hype from WGBH FM's site:

Monday,Nov.10 -7 pm, WGBH 89.7

Host Eric Jackson features new limited-edition boxed sets from Mosaic Records,including those of Gerry Mulligan,Randy Weston,Paul Chambers and John Patton. THE COMPLETE VERVE GERRY MULLIGAN CONCERT BAND SESSIONS is the culmination of Mulligan's long search for the "perfect ensemble"that would bring his ideas to life. Over the course of 20 years, Mulligan gathered musicians for his Concert Jazz Band, which was lauded for the unique, pianoless arrangements featured in this collection.

Randy Weston, Paul Chambers and John Patton are other artists featured in box sets from Mosaic Select, a new series that focuses on numbered and often overlooked jazz recordings. These jazzmen may not be widely known, but the work of each has left its mark on jazz............

Join Eric Jackson as he explores these and other eagerly awaited Mosaic Records reissues.

---- This is a five hour plug for Mosaic and I hope it brings them many new orders and customers--- :tup

Edited by Out2Lunch

• 18 years later...

I paid about $65 for my Mulligan Concert Jazz Band box about 2 years ago (from eBay), and I saw some other copies going for about $65-$70 around then too. Looking now, there are a couple closed eBay auctions in that ballpark too (in the last 90 days).

I agree, $65 is a bargain (I certainly thought that when I paid that for mine), but that does seem to be about the going rate when opening bids are less that, and actual multiple-bidders are bidding.