BLINDFOLD TEST #4 - SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS

JSngry

Send me an e-mail: musicaconcarne@yahoo.com

If you want to help w/the distribution, make your subject "DISTRIBUTE" or something similar.

If not, make it "PARTICIPATE" or such. It's all good.

Please include your full address. This is especially important for non-American participants, since my experience mailing out of the U.S. is somewhat limited. So make sure that you include EXACTLY what the package will need to show in order for it to be delivered. There is no deadline.

You can post here if you like, but really, e-mail is preferable, since everybody will be "under one roof" so to speak, and I can manage all the specifics easier that way. Please don't PM me, as by box is full for the time being.

My new turntable hasn't arrived yet, but I'm assured that it will be here either today or tomorrow. It will take me at least a week after it arrives to get all the music selected, sequenced, and burned, so please, be patient.

Again, this BT will run 2 CDRs in length, will cover a wide spectrum of music. Not all of it will be jazz, but most of it will be. However, nearly all of it will be things that are relevant to my personal relationship to jazz. I feel safe in saying that there will be something to offend (and hopefully please) every musical taste. If something doesn't doit for you, by all means say so. And preferably, WHY. I'll not be offended if you HATE everything, if you have honestly listened and respond sincerely. There are no "wrong" answers when it comes to whether or not YOU like something.

This BT is not, I repeat, NOT going to be designed to be "clever", "tricky" or otherwise intimidating for people still getting accquainted with the music. For the most part. ;) (gotta keep the vets on their toes. If I'm able, that is...) Sure, a lot of it might be unfamiliar to some of you, but the object is to expose some bands and players that might capture your imagination and stimulate further exploration, as well as to trigger discussions that will do the same. Experience is not a prerequisite. Curiosity, however, most assuredly is! ;)

Don't freak out if I don't respond to your e-mail immediately. I'm keeping freakishly perverted hours these days, and in fact, I'm going to bed now. But I WILL respond reasonably soon, and will keep in touch regularly with those who decide to help w/distribution.

So sign up now and join the party. The more the merrier.

The bottom line, as my man Jim Rowan so perspicuously pointed out, is...

FREE TUNES!!!!!

:g:g:g:g:g

Edited by JSngry

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

Hit a few bumps last week as the turntable arrived a few days later than promised, a nasty flu-like bug infiltrated my system for a few days, and a last-minute influx of various work environments presented themselves in intersection with my need for income over the weekend. These environments disregarded my need for sleep to recuperate from the viral villiany, but whatcha' gonna do 'bout that, whine to Mommy?

E-mails are in the process of being sorted (today) and responded to (today and tomorrow). Recording should begin tomorrow, with the first tune being... ;)

Thank you all for your patience. Response so far has been very good, and quite international ( :tup ). There's (always) room for more, so if you haven't yet signed up to participate/distribute, feel free to do so.

You're good, Jim. Check your e-mail just to make sure.

So far, we have 41 people signed up, with 13 participants coming from outside the U.S!

I'm moving slow (as per my unfortunate usual), but steady (and that includes responding to e-mails). Stay tuned, and please, feel free to sign up if you haven't already.

Brad, you got mail.

Just finished w/Disc One, and aside from an annoying pop between some cuts when they "play" button on the burner gets pushed to begin recording that I can't figure out how to prevent happening, I think it turned out pretty good soundwise. The new Music Hall 5 is letting me hear things on some of those old LPs that I'd either forgotten were there, or had never even heard (had a REALLY good system for a little over a year in the 70s, got robbed, had no insurance or funds to replace w/similar quality, and have basically had crap or higher end crap ever since). Nearly cried a cuppla times.

I can honestly say that I can relate to what Brian Wilson was going through with SMILE, the constant need/desire to add, alter, resequence, redo, etc. You can always do different, the possibilities are literally endless. Unfortunately, time isn't. But more about that later.

On to Disc Two. To paraphrase Red Skelton, "If you have half as much fun listening to this as I did making it, that means I had twice as much fun as you. Good night, and may God bless."

Disc two is finished after what seemed like interminable delays due to more flu in the house (this time my son), seemingly unsolvable problems with getting the selections and genres to flow the way I wanted them to over the space of an 80 minute CD (solved by changing the concept, dropping/replacing some of the pieces, and rethinking their sequence), and the Thanksgiving holiday (caused by an act of Congress and solved by nothing). Going to take a nap now, and get busy making dupes tonight and tommorrow. Mailing WILL go out Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

This has taken longer than I had hoped, but I think the result is two full CDrs of music to befuddle everybody at one time or another and piss nearly everybody off at least as frequently. In other words, it's stuff I love. Hopefully, you'll dig some of it too.

Distribution volunteers, stay tuned for an e-mail tonight or tomorrow. I think I have a way to save everybody money AND expedite speed of distribution.