The BNBB is back up again!

Well said. Anyone mind if I slay this beast?

If by "slay this beast" you're asking whether you should close or delete this thread????.....

Please don't.

No reason to, from my perspective.

I'm not asking to turn this into another bash BN thread, but I do feel it's important to mention how sad I was, skimming some of "Today's Topics" (from 2001), remembering the BNBB community.

I really like it here, a whole lot!!! - but I still miss the old place too. :(

If by "slay this beast" you're asking whether you should close or delete this thread????.....

Please don't.

No reason to, from my perspective.

Sure, but a thread about some other forums on my forum seems...redundant to me. From my perspective, naturally.

Any relation between Swinging Swede and Daniel A?

Well, so far no other than our nationality. :)

But we may have been indoctrinated not to forget it. The newspapers even used to have at least one fake headline on the front page, allthough it seems to be less of a practise nowadays.

The BN board is only back in a highly selective read-only form. It should be back in business on May 1, according to their announcement. At that time, I intend to revisit and delete all my own posts. To hell with that board!

As with all matters socio-political, you're not too perceptive are you?

That link is to an archive of the board, not the board itself.

Have you checked today's date? I would think you've lived in this country long enough to know what April 1st signifies.

I didn't think you could even access the archives. I'm curious as to how that was done. Anybody clicking on would have seen it's frozen back in February of 2001 or whatever.

The best April 1 gag was done a couple of years ago by Alan Lankin who said that Mosaic had announced that they were issuing the Complete BN 50s Sessions. Too bad it was a joke.

Edited by Brad

That link is to an archive of the board, not the board itself.

Have you checked today's date? I would think you've lived in this country long enough to know what April 1st signifies.

As usual, you are not telling me anything I don't already know, but you obviously are unaware of the fact that the April Fool tradition is not restricted to the U.S. I know it's difficult for you to comprehend, but there is a big world out there, and you are not in its center.

Be that as it may, I still intend to erase any posts of mine that might survive the BN holocaust. You might just want to hope that I don't leave behind quotes from some of your more assinine, hateful posts.

Be that as it may, I still intend to erase any posts of mine that might survive the BN holocaust. You might just want to hope that I don't leave behind quotes from some of your more assinine, hateful posts.

Chris, I'm curious why you'd want to erase all your old posts on the BN Board? While I didn't agree with everything, you certainly made some fine contributions over the years. You may not like what the board has become (or will become when it reopens) but I would think you'd stand behind any posts you might have written there. To be honest, this seems like 1984-ish revisionism...