FA: Art Ensemble 67/68, Ornette "Who's Crazy"

Hank

Two very interesting offers. Do these show up on the European site? They should do well there.

Yes, I believe so. I've had queries from Europe.

I used to have that Ornette date (on CD, no less), and it's one heck of a good one.

Yep, a good one. Strange that it hasn't been more widely available.

Everyday though I'm thinking what has to go, and what gets to stay.

I'm afraid I've been doing a little of that lately.

Ah, someone out bid me at the last second..... <_<

I've been hesitant to list anything on ebay since the September crash, fearing that there's no way to get fair return out there (though I could sure use the $, with a daughter in college and credit markets currently very costly). Any thoughts on the state of selling on ebay? Is it worthwhile, or is one better off waiting for better times?

I've been hesitant to list anything on ebay since the September crash, fearing that there's no way to get fair return out there (though I could sure use the $, with a daughter in college and credit markets currently very costly). Any thoughts on the state of selling on ebay? Is it worthwhile, or is one better off waiting for better times?

I will echo John's question, who ebay's regularly, I am seriously considering signing up with them, is it worth the hassel?

I sell a few things here and there on Ebay and I've had very few problems. Of course the occasional jerk, but that happens anywhere. As a seller,I have found that if you ship quickly the buyers love it. I work near a PO so I usually ship the day after payment. Prices can vary quite a bit- sometimes something goes for a very good price, other times it's barely a nibble. One tip I've seen is to have your auctions end on a weekend so you get more eyes seeing it.

I sell a few things here and there on Ebay and I've had very few problems. Of course the occasional jerk, but that happens anywhere. As a seller,I have found that if you ship quickly the buyers love it. I work near a PO so I usually ship the day after payment. Prices can vary quite a bit- sometimes something goes for a very good price, other times it's barely a nibble. One tip I've seen is to have your auctions end on a weekend so you get more eyes seeing it.

I've always ended them on Saturdays for just that reason. I tried checking out some ending auctions, but had trouble sorting through the over-priced-unsold-buu-it-now items to get a sense of selling prices, except I saw one Billy Harper live CD end for $2.99, which scared me.

The market sorts outs what's valuable long-term and what isn't. I buy LPs on eBay and it seems like most of the "good stuff" remains collectible. If it's something privately-pressed and weird and it's on vinyl, more than likely it'll go through the roof.

I'm not sure about CDs but if it is a high-demand artist, the format won't matter and you'll move the shit.

I've always ended them on Saturdays for just that reason. I tried checking out some ending auctions, but had trouble sorting through the over-priced-unsold-buu-it-now items to get a sense of selling prices, except I saw one Billy Harper live CD end for $2.99, which scared me.

That's funny. I find that as a buyer I miss auctions more often when they end on weekends because I'm out and about.

Yeah, in the listing anyway. I think you can specify "Other" as well and allow people to pay with cash or checque.

You can take checks, but I would specify only bank checks or money orders. If you get a bad personal check your bank will most likely hit you with a nice fee, and out of state checks may take awhile to clear. I take Paypal only and skip the hassle.

That's funny. I find that as a buyer I miss auctions more often when they end on weekends because I'm out and about.

eSnipe, dude.

Yeah, in the listing anyway. I think you can specify "Other" as well and allow people to pay with cash or checque.

You can take checks, but I would specify only bank checks or money orders. If you get a bad personal check your bank will most likely hit you with a nice fee, and out of state checks may take awhile to clear. I take Paypal only and skip the hassle.

Thanks chaps, do you have to sign up with Paypal to list on ebay even if you don't want to use it?

You have to have either a PayPal or a merchant account to list on eBay now:

Accepted Payments Policy

eBay has gotten progressively more draconian in its policies over the years, and the changes have favored the large-volume sellers to the detriment of people who just want to sell odds and ends once in a while. Remember when you used to be able to use your email address as your user ID?

You have to have either a PayPal or a merchant account to list on eBay now:

Accepted Payments Policy

eBay has gotten progressively more draconian in its policies over the years, and the changes have favored the large-volume sellers to the detriment of people who just want to sell odds and ends once in a while. Remember when you used to be able to use your email address as your user ID?

Same with Paypal (which is sort of the same thing). I was scrupulously hoarding my credit card payments accepted to my Paypal account to under 5 a year, so I could keep the personal account rather than professional or whatever it is called. Then I got a large credit card payment from a UK-based buyer, and they didn't even give me the option. I had to convert or lose the funds. Well, I capitulated, but I certainly resented it.