Happy Birthday king ubu!!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Bentsy! You know, I still have the Fargo 2CD set you sold me for such a good prize several years back... I got the Duke box in the meantime, but the notes and all in the 2CD set are too nice to give it away...

Thank you to the limey brigade, too :g

A generous bunch of guys there - good to have you around here!

As for the movies, Bill, I caught "Les bas-fonds" last night (it's after Maxim Gorky's novel "Night Asylum" or whatever it's called in English). Not one of the best, but Gabin was great! No film today, I'm afraid, but maybe on Monday again ("La grande illusion", though I migth skip as I know it and have it on DVD, too).

Also thanks to brownie, whose package with the St. Quentin jazz book reached me just in time - time to train my French a bit...

das heisst imfall gopferteckel! :)

(aber schwiizertütsch schriibe gaht eh nöd... baaaaaseldiiitsch erscht rächt nöd, das verschaat ja kei sau.... he he he)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks a lot, Lon & marcello!

And kinuta, thanks to you as well! I enjoy your contributions in the on-going film discussions! Myself, I find it harder and harder to actually say much of intelligence about films, but I still try my best.

As for "Woman in the Dunes", I missed it when it shortly made the regular theatres here, in a re-edition of some sort, but it's out on DVD, and it seems to be quite the masterpiece, so eventually I'll get me a copy of it...

Also thanks to brownie, whose package with the St. Quentin jazz book reached me just in time - time to train my French a bit...

Joyeux anniversaire au Roi Ubu!

The Swiss post offices are to be congratulated too for delivering the book in time for your birthday! It was not planned this way but I am bery glad they delivered the package on this day to be remembered!

Enjoy being 30! This should be a glorious year!

:party::w:party:

Thank you Dan & serioza! :)

Joyeux anniversaire au Roi Ubu!

The Swiss post offices are to be congratulated too for delivering the book in time for your birthday! It was not planned this way but I am bery glad they delivered the package on this day to be remembered!

Enjoy being 30! This should be a glorious year!

:party::w:party:

Eh bien, j'éspère que oui! :party:

Merci, Guy!