Lucky Thompson New York City 1964-65

medjuck

I had very limited dealings with Uptown, but the guy was nuts.

I wonder if anyone will ever be able to acquire all the tapes he left behind, e.g. the rest of the Duke Pearson Left Bank material or the Grant Green/John Patton Left Bank. He has other goodies, but those were the ones he was able to get through a lead I gave him.

Edited by bertrand

The club date CD is crazy, Lucky Thompson starts getting wound up on "Lady Bird", and then on "Strike Up The Band" he just FLIES.

I've been listening to Lucky Thompson for decades now, but every new (to me) record of his I hear makes it feel like I'm hearing him for the first time. What a marvelous player (and writer) he was.

5 hours ago, JSngry said:

The club date CD is crazy, Lucky Thompson starts getting wound up on "Lady Bird", and then on "Strike Up The Band" he just FLIES.

I've been listening to Lucky Thompson for decades now, but every new (to me) record of his I hear makes it feel like I'm hearing him for the first time. What a marvelous player (and writer) he was.

👍👍👍!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...