Leslie 3300 - control switch options

This is continuation of another 3300 thread which was getting long and probably covered too many sub-topics.

I recently purchased a Leslie 3300 and finally getting it working after repairing some shipping damage, realise that the control is not what I expected. On my Motion Sound "leslie" amp the chorale/stop and fast/slow are controlled by two separate switches using a standard 1/4" stereo plug. One advantage of having that arrangement is that especially with a half-moon type switch you have a visual/tactile reference of what the leslie is doing at that particular moment without touching the keys. Since lights are at the back of the Leslie 3300 (unlike my MS unit which has a light indicating 'fast' on the front) there is no reference unless you can see them - that is often not convenient in the heat of the moment if you want to change from Chorale or Fast to STOP....and back again. I have ordered a half moon switch from Halfmoon Electronics however it will always be spring-loaded in the center position. I am sure someone else has tackled this minor issue and even modified the electronics to control the unit with two separate switches....in my opinion this would be an improvement of what seems to be a big flaw. Am I missing something really obvious? <_<

Edited by William Steward

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this, sorry.

The switching uses a standard TRS 1/4" connector. I don't see why it would be hard to wire up two switches to do what you want to do. Perhaps the one from Motion Sound would work?

I always face the Leslie "backwards" because I like to have immediate access to the controls. I always faced my wooden, classic Leslies (like the 122) backwards as well because they sound better that way, especially with the louver panels removed.