Best Track You Heard suggestion

Dan Gould

I realize this is a long shot but I am wondering if it would be possible to add the ability to post a snippet - 30-45 seconds, a la Amazon song samples - of tunes that people post on this quite popular thread?

I would think that as a short sample, there is no copyright/licensing issue, it would fall under "fair use" but I presume the problem would be either upping the upload limit to allow such a clip to be included in a post, or else Jim or Use would be uploading files to the Org server and then posting links, as Jim once did when I wanted to share the Four Sounds acetate demo recording.

I know it would definitely be helpful to be able to hear some of these "Best Tracks" though.

Would it help to, instead, have a link to an existing snippet at Amazon, CDBaby, AllMusic or somewhere else? I suppose not for material that isn't in-print.

That's the thing, a lot of these tracks I don't think are easy to find in snippet form. On the other hand if a link could be created that includes the came-from-Organissimo tag so that the board gets a bit out of a sale, that would be better.