Mosaic sales

Welcome comrade ! If anyone could survive the Blue Not purge it is you. I will drink several vodkas in your honor tonight. However I will not follow comrade Out2Lunch's recommendation as I fear the combined sedative effects of several glasses of vodka and a disc from the Four Freshmen set might cause me to slip into a coma.

I think the board is nearly complete with the arrival of you and Achtung Dr. Freud calling. Now where's that Metternich guy I saw once or twice over at Blue Note?

Edited by Ed Swinnich

Ahh, purges, I've seen 'em come, seen 'em go, comrades (and go, and go, and go!!!). That little burgermeister Tom tried to play me for a stiff but as your English comrade Elton John likes to sing, "I'm still standing!!!" I fear my young grandson is discovering the 70's, or was that the 80's???

I fear my memory these days is a weak thing at best, comrades, but if I recall correctly after a night of celebratory vodkas, it was Alexei Kovalyov and Mikhail Kantaria who hoisted the flag over the Reichstag. Some shameful reactionaries try to claim that the picture was posed!!! You Americans, so rightfully proud of your Iwo Jima snapshot, surely share my indignation.

And now to the Mosaic site to sample some audio bites from the Bobby Hacker.

I heard zat zee little Ruski perished when the walls collapsed over at the BNBB. Such a pity.

Herr Doktor, you are much too modest. Surely you remember how you offered me your last schnapps when you saw my fingers desperately thrusting up from the rubble?!? And how you carefully crafted a small glass straw on the spot for me to drink it through??? Were it not for your kind attendance, Dr. Achtung, I would not be here at all!!! But how I was shocked when you briefly lost your vaunted self-control and began to lash out at various political scoundrels, your language full of striking obscenities and vulcan-like displays of rhetoric!!! You seem to be quite yourself again and I am happy to see you here.

And now back to my early-late-pre-dawn vodka. Can any comrades confirm for me these rumors of an imminent Jackie Gleason Mosaic set???

I fear my memory these days is a weak thing at best, comrades, but if I recall correctly after a night of celebratory vodkas, it was Alexei Kovalyov and Mikhail Kantaria who hoisted the flag over the Reichstag.

Sergeant Egorov and Meliton Kantaria[a Georgian, obviously] did it.

Alexei Kovalev scored 2 nice goals the other night. Rangers are doomed.

Is it time for Prozac or Effexor when the Red Menace is quoting our Viennese colleague or vice versa. By the way Red Menace, did any of our colleagues escape to Berchdesgaten where they may be establishing some sort of a redoubt?

Not to interrupt this discussion, but back to the current topic.

I have the final copy sold of "The complete BN recordings of Bobo Stenson".

Bobo's BN date was one of those "rejected" dates, but Mosaic shows the session to have produced 3 cds of product. The first 2 and a half discs are filled with fascinating "false starts", none longer than 3 and a half bars, but its fascinating to hear these foreigners struggle with the 12 bar form. I love disc 2, track 54. My copy is set number 9.

The Red Menace wrote:

I fear my memory these days is a weak thing at best, comrades,

but if I recall correctly after a night of celebratory vodkas, it was Alexei Kovalyov

and Mikhail Kantaria who hoisted the flag over theĀ  Reichstag. Some shameful

reactionaries try to claim that the picture was posed!!! You Americans, so

rightfully proud of your Iwo Jima snapshot, surely share my indignation.

There's an interesting aspect to that photo which was taken by Yevgeni Khaldei.

Khaldei who was working for the Tass agency flew back to Moscow after taking

the photo. When his film was processed and the photo printed, the chief editor

became very upset because the soldier holding the legs of his comrade (Kovalyov)

who hoists the flag, had watches on both wrists. Both stolen. Very politically uncorrect.

The watch on the comrade's right wrist was erased.

Stalin was told about the photo and its problem. Stalin himself decided that

the two soldiers would be Mikhael Egorov and Militon Kantaria (Georgian-born

Stalin wanted a soldier with a Georgian name). Both were promoted at once in

the order of 'Heroes of the soviet nation'.

The true identity of the soldiers in the photo surfaced only in 1991 after the end of

the Soviet Union.

• 3 weeks later...

Not to interrupt this discussion, but back to the current topic.

I have the final copy sold of "The complete BN recordings of Bobo Stenson".

Bobo's BN date was one of those "rejected" dates, but Mosaic shows the session to have produced 3 cds of product. The first 2 and a half discs are filled with fascinating "false starts", none longer than 3 and a half bars, but its fascinating to hear these foreigners struggle with the 12 bar form. I love disc 2, track 54. My copy is set number 9.

Sounds like the ideal companion set to the Dean Benedetti Parker box ! (although some of the takes sound a bit on the long side :D )

:rsmile: