• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fweiw i recently stumbled on this on the tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf2hFfROSBg

I have the LPs.

fweiw i recently stumbled on this on the tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf2hFfROSBg

I have the LPs.

That's a very intriguing collection of musicians. How often are they all on the same track, if at all?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"So did anyone go to the Whitney retrospective?"  I'm not sure whether you mean anyone from this group (seems that a lot of them never go anywhere) or whether you meant anyone in the world.  Just in case you meant the latter, I asked performance curator Amanda Davis about this, and she said attendance for Cecil Taylor and Tony Oxley was 750 (all tickets sold out), and average attendance for all other events, of which there have been many, sometimes a half-dozen a day, has been around 300.  "Second concert now scheduled" is a solo Cecil Taylor concert tonight (April 23rd) at 8:30 p.m.  Not sure what "I saw an article on Cecil's appearance at the retrospective, but that was it for me" means, but if you're referring to a perceived lack of press coverage, if you do a Google search on "Cecil Taylor residency Whitney Museum," almost 7,000 links come up, including "JazzTimes," "Jazziz," "The Wire," a lovely article by Larry Blumenfeld on his blog, blouinartinfo.com, brilliantly entitled "Storming Places, Like He's Always Done," "The New York Times," "BeatDown" [oops], and as the King of Siam used to say, et-cetera, et-cetera, et-cetera.