Eminem Walks Out of MTV Awards After Bruno Prank

i think i just peed myself! :rofl:

my favorite part is sachas' remark "is the real slim shady about to stand up?" we shouldn’t be surprised by eminem’s hasty departure from the scene given his homophobic lyrics.

i hope dick cheney doesn't find out about berigan's sympathy for eminem. lynne cheney once told cnn that "eminem is certainly, i think, the most extreme example of rock lyrics used to demean women, advocate violence against women, violence against gay people." if i were you, beri, i'd declined any invitations to go hunting with dick until this thing blows over. ;)

I wouldn't say I feel sorry for eminem, dude has always been a jerkoff.

I can totally understand getting pissed when a dude goes and wraps his legs around your neck and putting his ass and sweaty ball sack so close to your face. For me it's got nothing to do with being homophobic and more with not wanting a person that close to me in that way.

Still, as much as I've laughed at Cohen before and as much of an idiot I think eminem is, I give it a chuckle and say he (eminem) overreacted.

Well there's some debate on whether or not it was staged - obviously Eminem was "targeted" whether he was in on it or not - though one can certainly understand his reaction to getting Sasha's nuts in his face. Funny thing about Sasha is that he's completely unlike his characters in real life. A friend of mine's met him and said he's sweet, soft-spoken, and actually quite shy.

Well there's some debate on whether or not it was staged - obviously Eminem was "targeted" whether he was in on it or not - though one can certainly understand his reaction to getting Sasha's nuts in his face. Funny thing about Sasha is that he's completely unlike his characters in real life. A friend of mine's met him and said he's sweet, soft-spoken, and actually quite shy.

Yeah, I heard Howard Stern talking about this after I watched the clip. I'm inclined to believe it was a set up stunt and eminem was in on it.

UPDATE: TV Guide's Matt Mitovich says he is "certain" that the Eminem-Bruno stunt was prearranged. "There's no way it was an accident," an industry insider who was seated a few rows in front of Eminem said. "You don't let two stars collide without a detailed plan."

Here's what Matt writes for supporting evidence: He says that the speakers up in the ceiling that Bruno ran into were lowered into his path during the previous commercial break. That bit of equipment manipulation — coupled with the director's cut to Eminem several seconds before Bruno's landing on him — is what his spy calls "the smoking gun."

Matt says that Eminem's outburst was all an act. "Everyone was laughing about it during the next break," says our source, "especially the MTV staffers."

Meanwhile, Lil Wayne didn't weigh in on whether the Bruno stunt was staged, but he did tell MTV's Tim Kash: “I was expecting the unexpected… with him. I didn’t understand it, but it was cool.”

I'm inclined to believe it was a set up stunt and eminem was in on it.

This has been confirmed by the head writer for the awards show. Meanwhile, Triumph, the insult comic dog said: "I'm a legend around here. I sat on Eminem's face long before Brüno ever did...But we're friends now. We're tight. We're tighter than Gloria Vanderbilt's ass."