The Nessa Juggernaut rolls on

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JSngry said:

Dude, you only asking $22.00 for it. How do you expect to sell them for that little bit? Up it to, like, $50 and autograph each copy and then you'll sell out before Christmas.

Yeah, and I rejected the first pressing (and ate it) so if I sell all 550 copies, I might break even. I just can't relate to the crazy prices.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

8 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Many folks seem to have missed our vinyl release of Air Time. This is one of the finest sounding recordings I have made and the reissue is very fine. I recently played it for Paal Nilssen-Love and he picked up a copy to study Steve McCall.

The sound and pressing are flawless. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish it would stop being ok to dress casual to the point of, oh, I'm coming over with a sixpack, let's watch the game and chill. Rosoce's not even dressing "up" here, and he's still the baddest cat there, the other people look like students, even the older ones. Don't get me wrong, a part of me,  BIG part, gets it. But there's a part of me that still says, hey, represent motherfuckers, come correct. Not casting a first stone or anything, can't do that, but...just sayin'. Casual can still be sharp, if you got the ear, have the eye too, that's all.

• 1 year later...

This happened 52 years ago today. The Nessa Juggernaut has been rolling on for a long time ...

Old/Quartet : Art Ensemble : Lester Bowie (tp) Roscoe Mitchell (as,hrn,whistle,tamb) Malachi Favors Maghostut (b) Phillip Wilson (d)
     Chicago, IL, May 18, 1967
Old    Nessa N-5, NCD-27/28 [CD], NCD-2500 [CD]
Theme statements               -               -
Slow theme               -               -
Bell song               -               -
Fast theme               -               -
Chinese song               -               -
Tatas matoes (rehearsal)               -               -
Quartet No 1 (group improvisation)               -               -
Note:    Nessa NCD-27/28 [CD] titled "Old/Quartet Sessions"; a 2 CD set.
Nessa NCD-2500 [CD] titled "The Art Ensemble 1967/68"; a 5 CD set; according to the CD box "Roscoe Mitchell billed his group as the ART ENSEMBLE for a concert
.on Dec 3 1966. This name was used for performances until June 1969 when the quartet of Roscoe Mitchell, Lester Bowie, Joseph Jarman & Malachi Favors Maghostut was advertised as the ART ENSEMBLE OF CHICAGO.