Firefox 3.0 Sucks Pigsnot

I can't believe how they've screwed up this thing. First of all, the "organize bookmarks" section, which used to be very well designed, is now unusable. Secondly, for StumbleUpon addicts like myself, apparently Firefox things giving a page a thumbs up or down means you want to add it to your bookmarks. Third, maybe it's just me, but it seems to be slower than a glacier compared to the prior version. Is it just me, or is it time to give up on this once great browser?

Gee, I could check easily what version I had of IE...how does one check what version of firefox you have??? :rsly:

I have had a real issue of late with having to sign in every time I come here, or anywhere else with passwords....the last week or so...today I seem to be staying signed in everywhere. :wacko:

I'm in 3.0.10 and I still organize my bookmarks like a champion.

I haven't stumbled upon "StumbleUpon" so I can't tell you what that's all about.

...and with my new machine, nothing is slow.

Oh, and I'll add that I love Yoono, so I don't see myself giving it up anytime soon.

Oh, and the Discoveries widget with the "Surprise" feature is great too...

Oh, and the Kanji-lish addon as well as the Fast Video Download...

®

Edited by rostasi

I'm a chrome fan too. Its as fast as Firefox used to be before it got bloated. I like how it organizes the sites I visit when I add a new tab. I've also become a fan of iGoogle for a home page.

I've had an issue with this forum on all three browsers I use. None of them let me add a new topic or use the add reply button. I'm limited to fast reply.

The "signing in everytime" thing comes and goes. Do you use AVG perhaps? AVG thinks Firefox is a virus (at least on my machine), I think that's what keeps wiping out the cookies.

I had a bunch of crashing problems for awhile, but after re-installing the software and creating a new profile, it's been pretty stable.

I tried using Opera for awhile but it kept acting weird with some of the message boards I frequent, I got irritated with it and went back to using firefox.

3.0 is noticeably faster and more stable for me than 2.x was. Many of the problems listed in this thread could very well be OS-related, firewall/anti-virus software issues, or plug-in conflicts. It's often hard to pinpoint the root causes of browser problems because there are a whole lot of other variables at work besides the browser.

3.5 is supposed to be out in a week or two, and Mozilla claims it will be twice as fast as 3.0.

Maybe I just take it for granted what a browser can do nowadays, but it's been causing problems for the past few months. Typically it's when I add the 7th tab or so and in-between some Java app has been running too (StatTracker, a fantasy sports app). Bitch bitch bitch...nonetheless I may give Safari 4 a try as the main browser (on the Mac) as I think organissimo no longer crashes Safari like it used to a couple of years ago.

Greeeeeeeat. Now a computer I have just started crashing everytime I log onto this board using Firefox starting tonight. Clearing the cache and history only fixes things temporarily so far. Works great in IE.

It's still been crashing a ton lately after the update.

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=51257

Yep. It's been crashing on me much more often lately.

Yea, the frequent updates seem to be making things even worse. :unsure:

Yeah, I've managed to organize bookmarks by ignoring the "organize bookmarks" tab and just dragging the links where I want them to go, but I still don't understand why they changed that part of the thing.

I'm using the 3.5 beta now in hopes that it works better, and it does seem to be faster. Usually.