Ellington 1930s big-band Mosaic

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mosaic's Fred just told me that everyone who ordered prior to this morning, Friday December 10th, will be shipped their Ellington order between now and Tuesday.

Anybody else get a shipping confirmation yet who ordered before last Friday? I got the "24-48 hours" e-mail last Friday, but no shipping notice yet...hoping that it goes out tomorrow.

Mosaic's Fred just told me that everyone who ordered prior to this morning, Friday December 10th, will be shipped their Ellington order between now and Tuesday.

Anybody else get a shipping confirmation yet who ordered before last Friday? I got the "24-48 hours" e-mail last Friday, but no shipping notice yet...hoping that it goes out tomorrow.

Did order the first day it was up for pre-order and nope, didn't get a shipping confirmation yet.

received my 24-48hr shipping confirmation on the 11th (ordered on Oct 18)

Didn't realise that an actual shipping notice email follows that - have gone through my previous order emails & have never received a second email

Maybe that doesn't happen to international orders?

Edited by romualdo

received my 24-48hr shipping confirmation on the 11th (ordered on Oct 18)

Didn't realise that an actual shipping notice email follows that - have gone through my previous order emails & have never received a second email

Maybe that doesn't happen to international orders?

Just got shipping confirmation from 3PL Worldwide the new handler for Mosaic. With UPS tracking #.

So it also goes for international orders.

Remco

I just got it. The shipping notice that is.

The numbers are no longer on the inside of the booklet. Look at the back. Their either on the back cover or inside back cover.

Got mine today. No set number on the inside of the booklet. I'm just going to assume that I was sent Michael Cuscuna's personal copy by mistake.

Got through the first 8 discs.. Sounds fine to me... There's a couple of tracks with minor problems but it's fine.

Waiting to hear reports on what the sound on that box is like...

Hi All, I am new to the forum. But I have enjoyed following Mosaic Records discussions for a while and decided to join! I have been a freelance musician in the Minneapolis area for the last 7 years and love Mosaic for what they do. Anyways, I just received the Ellington '30s big band set #243/5000. Very excited, just a little past half way through the first disk, and sonically it's similar to the Ellington small group recordings. I don't want to post a full review until I am finished listening to ALL 11 disks LOL. BUT I will say that Johnny Hodges is an absolute genius...I thought his mid-50s-mid 60s stuff was the best, but his technique and ideas are fantastic here! Soooo excited to listen to this over the next few days! p.s. I got around to getting the Mobley set too and right now, they are battling for my attention...