Jazz on Baseball Cards

Relax. No point at all.

Enjoying a baseball card of a relatively successful Cleveland Indian pitcher (...they are in relatively short supply).

My card collecting days started about 15 years later.

Oh, I see. I thought that you meant that something amazing was going to appear on the other side!

I remember Mudcat Grant well in 1965. He was the best pitcher in the American League and led the Twins to the World Series. If there had been a Cy Young award for each league then, instead of one award for all of baseball, he would have won the A.L. Cy Young award that year.

Was "solid" something said when listening to modern jazz? :unsure:

Late 40s/50s slang term, roughly equivalent to cool. Just read an interview with Charles McPherson the other day circa '68 where he used it a couple of times.

EDIT: Zora Neale Hurston's Harlem slang dictionary dates it back to the 1930s and defines it as meaning "perfect".

Glossary of Harlem slang

Edited by ghost of miles

Was "solid" something said when listening to modern jazz? :unsure:

Late 40s/50s slang term, roughly equivalent to cool. Just read an interview with Charles McPherson the other day circa '68 where he used it a couple of times.

EDIT: Zora Neale Hurston's Harlem slang dictionary dates it back to the 1930s and defines it as meaning "perfect".

Glossary of Harlem slang

Thanks Ghost!