Most bizzare band names of all time.

Brandon Burke

My buddy Andreas and I have something of a competition between the two of us. Whenever we hear about a completely ridiculous band name we email it to the other ad nauseum. He last got me with a psychedelic 60's band called Banana Creme Weather Balloon. Personally, I've always been partial to When People Were Shorter and Lived Near Water. That one's pretty brilliant.......

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When People Were Shorter and Lived Near Water. That one's pretty brilliant.......

Wow, what a great/weird name for a band!!!

I think there's a band here in Kansas City named "Hairy Apes BMX".

I don't think this next name is particularly absurd, but "The Band that Saved the World" is kinda fun.

Great idea for a thread!!!!!!!!!!!

The F*cking Champs were actually just The Champs at first. Needless to say, there was another Champs. I think the idea for the name change stems from the old joke about hitting someone in the arm. Which arm? Your f*ckin' arm!

Also, there's a heavy metal cover band down here in Austin named Back Stabbath, which I find very funny.

When People Were Shorter and Lived Near THE Water

(Bobby Goldsboro cover band, recorded on Shimmy Disc...)

The F*cking Champs were actually just The Champs at first. Needless to say, there was another Champs.

Reminds me -- a friend of mine played in a band called "Chunk" whose leader heard of a "new" band (~1990) in North Carolina sporting the same name -- friend's bandleader warned these college upstarts to change their name, which they did -- to SUPERCHUNK. They got a lot further than "Chunk" did.

Reminds me -- a friend of mine played in a band called "Chunk" whose leader heard of a "new" band (~1990) in North Carolina sporting the same name -- friend's bandleader warned these college upstarts to change their name, which they did -- to SUPERCHUNK. They got a lot further than "Chunk" did.

I forgot about that.

Since no one's mentioned them yet, Dead Kennedys (lead "singer" - Jello Biafra).

And great (at machine-hard-and-fast picking) bass player: Klaus Fluoride.

and guitarist-East Bay Ray!

i have a friend who has a band called Anal Spew. :blink:

Edited by jacman

There used to be an Irish band based in Nottingham, UK called Patty O'Doors and the Sun Loungers.

I alwas though Hatfield and the North was an odd name - the band were named after the first sign on the M1.

And one for the medieval history buffs that I've mentioned before - an English folk reggae band (seriously...dub meets morris dancing) who called themselves Edward II and the Red Hot Polkas. Sadly they changed this to Edward II and more recently EIIK.