Most bizzare band names of all time.

Brandon Burke

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I alwas though Hatfield and the North was an odd name - the band were named after the first sign on the M1.

Ah! I never heard that story! Thanks!!!

Never "heard the story" -- just had the sign silently pointed out to us by the promoter/van-driver on our band's first trip to London!

I alwas though Hatfield and the North was an odd name - the band were named after the first sign on the M1.

Ah! I never heard that story! Thanks!!!

Never "heard the story" -- just had the sign silently pointed out to us by the promoter/van-driver on our band's first trip to London!

Ha! Still cool..... :lol:

• 4 months later...

Early 80's Austin Punk Band: The Hugh Beaumont Experience

Late 80s Dallas Southern Rock Cover band: Booster Cable & The Jump Starts

Band name I fantasized about someday using when I was 14 and digging Ayler & Hendrix simultaneously: The Aardvaark Kiddie Fascist Toy Store Avant-Garde Jazz Acid Rock Combo. I might still use that one someday, so don't nobody get any ideas, ok? :g

The night that Sonic Youth is currating at the All Tomorrow's Parties festival includes a couple of winners: Double Leopards and (my fave) Tan as Fuck.

And, to your point Jim, I once wanted to name a band Avant-Garde Childcare. I mean if there's anything that you don't want to be avant-garde....