NDR Jazz Workshop Discography/archive?

romualdo

RE: NDR JAZZ WORKSHOP No. 28

13. Sweety's Bounce aka Sweetie's Bounce

Any idea who the composer is?

Klaus Doldinger, I should think!

The tune's on this disc:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=2821001

Don't have it at hand, but I chose it for a BFT I once did and when compiling the info, the name I typed in brackets behind that tune was Doldinger's.

the composer credits weren't listed in the posted images at the URL from the link you provided - which I'd already seen before, but thanks anyway for helping via your memory :)

I have "Sweety's Bounce" aka "Sweetie's Bounce" in a Doldinger compilation (purchased as an electronic download, as the CDs are out-of-print), that also doesn't list composer credits or provide liner notes.

I'm also trying to find out who wrote "Midnight Session" - which is in the same Doldinger compilation, I don't know if it was Rolf Kuhn, Doldinger, or whom (the posted images online of the recording it was originally from, don't show it)?

Even Doldinger's official PDF discography doesn't list composer(s)/lyricist(s) credits - but it does very helpfully list all names of recordings and what year they are from, in most cases.

It's one of the frustrating things - for me both as a musician and as a listener, that when it seems we should have such information more available now ("digital age", right?), such information actually often less available in many cases; The performers will be listed, but not the rest...

Edited by Totusek

sorry, I mixed things up ... it's this disc of course:

klausdoldingerearlydold.jpg

"Midnight Session" (disc 4 #3) is by Conny Schumann, "Sweetie's Bounce" (disc 4 #5) by Doldinger - just checked the booklet and that's what it says.

That's a very good four disc set btw, the official albums on discs 1-3 and disc 4 filled with live rarities and some sideman cuts (such as "Midnight Session" which indeed comes from the album "Rolf Kühn feat. Klaus Doldinger")

No idea, btw, who Conny Schumann is - not Coco, I assume.

I was just Emailed this message from Rolf Kühn:

The track MIDNIGHT SESSION was written by Conny Schumann (Beco Music Publishing), best wishes from Rolf Kühn

So, that matches what "king ubu" posted. I can't find much listed anywhere on Conny Schumann, and I don't know if Conny is a nickname or an actual first name...

Edited by Totusek

Conny is colloquial/short for Conrad/Konrad, I assume (might also go for different names, such as Cornelius or whatever ...) - seems he was a "Schlager" composer, also wrote stuff for movies and for TV ... here are two samples of other tunes composed by him:

http://m.unippm.cn/Browse/Labels/CD%20Listing/CD%20Details/Track%20Details.aspx?cdId=10145&wId=777219

http://m.unippm.cn/Browse/Labels/CD%20Listing/CD%20Details/Track%20Details.aspx?cdId=10145&wId=777220

So I guess this was an old tune these dudes enjoyed re-arranging for their purposes ...