Lee Konitz In Hospital

LWayne

Naturally I was disappointed when they made they announcement last night that Lee Konitz was unable to make his scheduled show with Minsarah at the Regattabar in Cambridge, but much more concerned about his health. The waiter advised us that he called the club and advised he was still intending on making the gig, but it sounds like he was probably held at the local hospital for observation.

Anybody have any information as I certainly hope the best for this legend?

LWayne :unsure:

I saw him a month ago he looked and sounded amazing for someone who is 82.

He sounded amazing, period.

I went to Blues Alley last night, and Minsarah announced he will be in the hospital for observation for several days. Nothing but good thoughts for Lee. Minsarah were okay, I just wish Blues Alley announced at the beginning, or put up a sign at the front door that Lee was not playing.

Edited by Hoppy T. Frog

Lee is funny. Once, years ago in one of my many fake professions I had a fruit and nut cart on Broadway. Lee came over to the cart and we talked. We had met before and he knew I was a musician. He asked me 'are you making your nut?'

I'm glad he's feeling better..........