Grachan Moncur Mosaic Select

Morganized

I have been looking for the BN Conn.'s of Evolution and Some Other Stuff for awhile. Not really interested in paying the prices that these discs garner in most instances. With the release of the Mosiac Select which includes the tracks from these CD's, why are they still in demand? Is there a problem with the sound quality on the Mosaic? I believe I have read that some folks believe that the new Mosaic makes too liberal use of the sound reduction equipment in the mastering.

Any opinions?

I go back and forth with the ol' TOCJ vs BN Domestic debate, but the price alone for that Moncur set makes it well worth the investment. While it might be ever so slightly crispier than the Japanese I find that the overall sound consistency is it's plus. As well you get the ever funky 'Hipnosis' session.

I even eBayed my JRVG of "One Step Beyond" after receiving the box - one of those van Gelders that really sounded great - but after some minor A/Bing found it better to pay for 3/4 of the Moncur III Select with the proceeds.

I go back and forth with the ol' TOCJ vs BN Domestic debate, but the price alone for that Moncur set makes it well worth the investment. While it might be ever so slightly crispier than the Japanese I find that the overall sound consistency is it's plus. As well you get the ever funky 'Hipnosis' session.

I even eBayed my JRVG of "One Step Beyond" after receiving the box - one of those van Gelders that really sounded great - but after some minor A/Bing found it better to pay for 3/4 of the Moncur III Select with the proceeds.

Good point. I'm on the fence as well about this set. I have all of the music, in good remasterings, except for 'Bout Soul and of course, Hipnosis.

But I've a JRVG of Destination Out as well that could perhaps fund this purchase... <_<