Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

General Cinema feature presentation trailer

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Any other trailers/themes/bumpers out there on YouTube that posters here remember and like?

Posted

Here's the one I remember better:

Posted

Remember the Candy Band?

Sure ya' do!

Posted

Yeah, I remember that version too! I always thought it was a groovy little tune...

Posted (edited)

I worked as a projectionist at a movie theater when I was in high school. That was a great job- the old style theaters had the movie on several reels and you had to go back and forth between two machines. That's what those dots you sometimes see in the upper right hand corner are for- they're cue marks to sync up the two machines for the "changeover". Now they just put the whole film on one or two reels.

There are a lot of stories about that job. :w Sadly, none are about having sex in the projection booth though. :(

Anyway, back on topic, I've seen lots of those trailers. One of my favorites is the one they used at the beginning of the first Kill Bill. I hadn't seen that one since the mid 70s. I'll look for it on youtube.

EDIT: Yep, GoM, you beat me to it.

Edited by Free For All

Posted

Posted

Posted

Here's the one I remember better:

Yes!

Posted

Posted (edited)

Edited by Free For All

Posted

Posted

I wonder if the same guy wrote for NFL films?

Posted

Used in one of those bumpers, by Keith Mansfield, who did some popular arrangements for Maynard in the 70s.

Who knew?

Posted

Used in one of those bumpers, by Keith Mansfield, who did some popular arrangements for Maynard in the 70s.

Who knew?

Wow! There was a long version! Good work Jim!

Posted

Who knew?

Keith Mansfield has apparently become a hero among crate-diggers. I never made the association w/Maynard until a few days ago... http://slice-of-spice.blogspot.com/2009/07...-mf-horn-2.html

Posted

Keith Mansfield has apparently become a hero among crate-diggers. I never made the association w/Maynard until a few days ago... http://slice-of-spice.blogspot.com/2009/07...-mf-horn-2.html

Yes, that's the MF record where I first heard of him, way back when.

Didn't he also do that one that nobody paid attention to, the one that came between MF Horn & MF Horn 2, the one that was all top 40 hits?

Posted

Posted

Didn't he also do that one that nobody paid attention to, the one that came between MF Horn & MF Horn 2, the one that was all top 40 hits?

This one?

61QGVW27G2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Posted

Who knew?

Thanks much, Jim--I incorporated this info w/a tip of the hat to you in my Night Lights blog post of these clips (called "snipes," evidently).

Posted

You mean 'Tha Ballad Artistry of Maynard Ferguson' on UK CBS?