Soulstation1

has the board been runnin' ssssllllooooowww

341 posts in this topic

it seems like it takes a "whole" 30 seconds for a new page to appear and last night i somehow lost a new post.

i think the board was down for awhile last night.

ss1

The board was 'sporadic' for me last night for about an hour. It seemed okay after that period of time.

I wonder how the number of users affects the speed of the software and the connection to the hosting server?

The entire internet was slow for me last night. ESPN's page loaded up tremendously slow and this board was loading slow, too. Seems to be pretty good today.

I was trying to download the entire internet last night and it seemed to take FOREVER! :wacko:;)

I've had no problems with this board, but the AAJ board has been painfully slow for several weeks now. Anyone else experience this?

This board was running SO slow last night, ("HOW SLOW WAS IT") :) ... It was so slow, I almost got the urge to put on a Shirley Horn CD.

;)

Today does seem to be better.

it seems like it takes a "whole" 30 seconds for a new page to appear and last night i somehow lost a new post.

ss1

Ya gotta get DSL or cable. :g

I have encountered the same problem in the last 2 days which existed a couple of weeks ago. The email notification of a PM comes many hours after the PM is sent.

Slow here. I'm on cable/broadband too.

Yeah, me too - but everything's been slow for me for the last day or so (not just this board). And I'm on cable/broadband too.

Well, not always slow. But often slow.

I haven't noticed anything today at work or tonight at home. Seems like it's working normal. Maybe the problem was fixed.

Up.

Is it just me?

Not concerned, know the realities, no sweat, just wondering if I got a problem on MY end.

Yeah...slow for a couple of days now.

I tried replying to this once and it sort of took an "I don't think so stance". Second time around it was ok. It seems to be running between normal and Norah Jones first cd tempo. You just have to hang with the bad boy right now. :P

I delete the cookies then I find the board runs a lot faster. Of course, it means that you have to log back in with your password.

Try that guys and report back!

I visit the board many times a day, and I haven't noticed a performance difference during the last days.

Edited by Claude

To add to the picture: Today everything seems normal, but during the last couple of days this site has been loading slow over here.

Edited by Daniel A

I delete the cookies then I find the board runs a lot faster. Of course, it means that you have to log back in with your password.

Try that guys and report back!

Yeah; eliminate your "internet files" once in a while as well. Really makes a difference.

slow or not available at times; then it runs like sunshine again (like noe)

The board's extremely slow again today.

I'm sure it's a direct result of you posting again. ;)

Good to see you back and around Hans.

Edited by catesta

I'm sure it's a direct result of you posting again. ;)

Good to see you back and around Hans.

Thanks Catesta.

I know I'm a bit overweight, but I didn't know it had an impact like that... :huh::(:g

molasses.jpg

My heartburn's getting worse... :wacko: