An Apology and a Thank You...

I thought THAT had been settled many posts ago ... :rolleyes:

And he HAS offered his apologies since, no?

He made excuses in the form of an apology. Doesn't make any difference, he will make these attacks again and again just he has many, many times in the past.

edit: like B3er says:

There's really no excuse for being overly rude to someone, especially someone new to the board.
Edited by 7/4

This board has let itself down badly. If you go back to the offending thread you'll see it hasn't stopped yet. How about four-week suspensions for the playground bullies?

But it has stopped on this thread. If you're thinking that JSngry's long response about "soft jazz" and its real history was a form of bullying, you're way off base IMO. For me, it was among the most informative recent contributions to Organissimo.

If you're thinking that JSngry's long response about "soft jazz" and its real history was a form of bullying, you're way off base IMO. For me, it was among the most informative recent contributions to Organissimo.

:tup:tup:tup

The only bad thing about his contribution is that it does NOT appear alongside that incriminated statement currently going strong in that column dated Aug. 3.

Edited by Big Beat Steve

On my first post on the wild and crazy Branford Marsalis forum I got hammered. I deserved it for being antagonistic. After that people either liked or hated me, and likewise. I still have friends I made there, and the 'enemies' have long receded into the 'who gives a f&*k' backwater of my brain. I mostly use the Web now the way a lot of musicians do: for free crass self promotion. But when I do participate in a forum as here, I don't antagonize and avoid anyone who rubs me the wrong way. Making friends and helping this art is what this is for. Heated discussions are cool, too, but when it gets ugly all one has to do is stop writing. I also made friends with a certain well-known journalist who gets whacked around here and other places regularly---by reaching out after I myself went too far, and he reaching back in appreciation. He's a big boy with a thick skin and himself no stranger to throwing bricks, and people are, obviously, much more (or much less) than their Internet posts. But everyone has feelings, he, you, I. One has to know the depths of the waters and one's drowning point before diving.

You seem like you can handle this. These people are serious jazz fans and players, so strong opinions come with the territority. Take things from where they come and speak with veracity and knowledge and anything that doesn't sit right with you will not be your problem.