Complete Miles Davis - 70CD + DVD

king ubu

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - I really look forward to this. Like many other people I have big chunks of the music before but when you think of it the DVD+the missing discs for me (like Miles in Berlin+Tokyo) is worth the price of admission :rolleyes:

Is the booklet OK?

/Shaft

Is there any way to identify the defective sets by looking at them from the outside, without breaking the seal?

I got a sealed one as part of a deal, and I'm still not sure if I should keep it or re-sell it. Wouldn't want to sell it and then learn that it was one of the bad sets, though.

"[...] as opposed to the sloping hinged lid of the original design, it now has a shoebox type lid.[...]"

Amazon.co.uk

:)

Not all revamped boxes from Amazon U.K. come with the shoebox-type lid. I got mine from Amazon U.K. with the "old" box (which is still intact), but with glue-free CDs. I immediately put the CDs in Japanese "cloth" inner mini-LP sleeves.

"[...] as opposed to the sloping hinged lid of the original design, it now has a shoebox type lid.[...]"

Amazon.co.uk

:)

Not all revamped boxes from Amazon U.K. come with the shoebox-type lid. I got mine from Amazon U.K. with the "old" box (which is still intact), but with glue-free CDs. I immediately put the CDs in Japanese "cloth" inner mini-LP sleeves.

That was also my experience with Amazon Fr. I will be ordering the inner sleeves very soon as I want to keep this box for the rest of my life.

I'd open it then Daniel if it has a hinged lid. I think if you do decide to sell it a buyer would rather know that they had a set with inspected discs than an unopened possibly earlier set with lots of glue on the discs. . . . (?)

You're a wise man as always, Lon. :)

Not really thinking about it, I just assumed that it would be worth more if it's sold as sealed, but this time it's probably the other way round!

My Box (Mk 2) promo issue has arrived from Sony UK :):party:

Certainly an improvement with the non-hinge lid and the CDs are a bit easier to get out of the sleeves. 'Sans glue' - otherwise as per the Mk 1 set.

Now I have one set for downstairs and another for upstairs listening. :lol:

Edited by sidewinder

Yesterday I opened the set and found some five or six discs with glue residue; the sleeves for those discs were also the ones which had splitting seams. Double-CD sleeves fared better. Anyway, I used a microfiber cloth and some isopropyl alcohol solution and managed to remove the residue.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,

Got my set from amazon.fr the other day and love and behold it was the MK2 version with top "shoebox" lid that comes off. All the discs are fine after inspection and naturally I'm very happy about it. There were quite a few more things I did not have so for $230 it was a steal for me ;-)

/Shaft

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Amazing to think that the entire recorded output of one of the most iconic musicians of the 20th century can fit comfortably on a nano.

Can you imagine handing one of these things to Miles and saying to him: 'here's everything you ever recorded'.

Bertrand.

You can be sure there would have been a couple of "f-bombs" in the answer...:w

How many GB was it, as a matter of interest? (I've still to load mine in too).

Supposedly 10.59 GB, more or less as these things go.

Thanks !

Amazing to think that the entire recorded output of one of the most iconic musicians of the 20th century can fit comfortably on a nano.

Can you imagine handing one of these things to Miles and saying to him: 'here's everything you ever recorded'.

Bertrand.

You can be sure there would have been a couple of "f-bombs" in the answer...:w

and a couple of mothers.. :D