Complete Miles Davis - 70CD + DVD

king ubu

I need to find that one I guess. I just have the DSD before that . . . which sounds great.

Flurin, you're right, I was thinking of the Fillmore, In Concert, Live/Evil digipaks. . . I replaced all those with SACDs or DSD Japanese copies and forgot that Agharta and Pangaea were in jewel cases. Anyway it seems to me this is the jewel case remasterings. The proof is in the pudding so we have a few months to see.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody need a KOB, original mono pressing?

Would I be right in thinking that this is the 'only' way to hear Kind of Blue?

Matter of taste I presume, the remixed stereo version on the Mosaic is quite good too, to my ears, just different.

I don't believe in dogma like this, maybe because I was born in 1962, I wasn't there when KOB reached record's shops, so I am not emotionally attached to one specific version.

Matter of taste I presume, the remixed stereo version on the Mosaic is quite good too, to my ears, just different.

I don't believe in dogma like this, maybe because I was born in 1962, I wasn't there when KOB reached record's shops, so I am not emotionally attached to one specific version.

Bev is referring to the Beatles mono/stereo ho ha. :rolleyes:

We need an 'I am being ironic (or even sarcastic)' smiley! Not that I'd use it!

We need an 'I am being ironic (or even sarcastic)' smiley! Not that I'd use it!

I know you was ironic, I just passed on it.

BTW If you didn't listen to an original mono pressing of KOB you don't know KOB

:g

Edited by porcy62

Flurin, you're right, I was thinking of the Fillmore, In Concert, Live/Evil digipaks. . . I replaced all those with SACDs or DSD Japanese copies and forgot that Agharta and Pangaea were in jewel cases. Anyway it seems to me this is the jewel case remasterings. The proof is in the pudding so we have a few months to see.

Thanks for one more confirmation!

I held off buying these two until some months ago, when I gave up hopes for new versions... anyway, I'm no audiophile, so those shall be ok for me, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

£140 at amazon.co.uk - the amazon.com price does seem too high relative to the others.

Not so. On a US dollar basis, it's about even with Amazon Canada, and considerably less than Amazon US.

I agree - I said that it is the amazon.com (US) price that is out of line. The .co.uk price is actually marginally better than the .ca price.

• 5 weeks later...

The last couple of paragraphs in this article imply that the new material and remasters may be available separately someday

(though there's not much information as to what that new material might be).

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...0,6182371.story

The story also implies there was quite a bit of remastering done. . .

What was there that still needed remastering?

The 1949 Paris set, the comeback albums, the unreleased material - all else was recently remastered for the recent box sets.

I do hope however that some of these come out on their own - I'd buy the unreleased items of course!

Also I still don't have "Star Time", which seems to be one of the best of the 80s albums (I've heard it once, years ago, a friend's LP)