Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CJ Shearn

any Sade fans here?

32 posts in this topic

I like that photograph, tasteful.

JohnJ I was also in that club in Tokyo in 1985. I think the cover was ¥3000, but worth every penny. Such an intimate setting, I could have reached out and touched her. No one believes me to this day. Do I know you? I don’t remember that many Gaijins being in the club and I think it was a happy accident being there at all.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:14 AM, Rick D said:

JohnJ I was also in that club in Tokyo in 1985. I think the cover was ¥3000, but worth every penny. Such an intimate setting, I could have reached out and touched her. No one believes me to this day. Do I know you? I don’t remember that many Gaijins being in the club and I think it was a happy accident being there at all.

Rick, your post prompted me to do a little research and it appears the date of the Sade concert was actually Friday September 14th 1984 at the long gone Inkstick in Roppongi. As you say we could almost reach out and touch her. Anyway, it was a long time ago and while the concert was certainly memorable I don't remember anything about the composition of the audience!

What you you mean you could "almost" reach out and touch her? That implies an failed attempt, confirming the "almost"! Shame! :g