Kate and Mike Westbrook CDs for sale at Westbrook Records - Part One

Chris_T

Hi Chris - maybe you could share some knowledge and join discussions before trying to sell stuff here?

Doubtless, the Westbrooks are great artists and you'll find some interest in their music here:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=6856

Yes, doubtless the Westbrooks are great artists.

I have been a member before and did indulge a few discussions. I didn't mean to offend anyone with the sordid side of promotion and sales on the Westbrook's behalf. So I will try to remove the contents of both posts and stick with AllAboutJazz.

Chris - that was a snippy response to what i thought was a nice way by ubu of advising you of how we feel about (any) new members coming here just to hawk wares.

if you want to generate interest in the westbrook's music - discuss it! i have discovered many artists that way (alex hawkins comes to mind!). we will welcome you and the knowledge that you share.

if you just came here to peddle - go to AAJ and don't let the door hit you on the way out!

:cool:

Chris - that was a snippy response to what i thought was a nice way by ubu of advising you of how we feel about (any) new members coming here just to hawk wares.

if you want to generate interest in the westbrook's music - discuss it! i have discovered many artists that way (alex hawkins comes to mind!). we will welcome you and the knowledge that you share.

if you just came here to peddle - go to AAJ and don't let the door hit you on the way out!

:cool:

I've got a fever so unfortunately I took that at what it appeared to be. I'm quite happy to discuss the Westbrooks with anyone that would like to and I'm sorry that I posted a sales orientated pair of messages. I'm far from a peddler. I don't actually make any money out of it but I'll not mention Westbrook Records again after this without a specific enquiry about Westbrook CDs.

Hey Chris

Definitely post the info here since not all here get along to AAJ. I think Ubu's directness might be lost in translation somewhat...

Newbies and Street teams (esp) get a rough welcome but don't take offence since supporters/fans are very welcome here!

Well, I for one am grateful for the reminder of the CDs available via the Mike and Kate W. site. I often visit it to check out their up-coming gigs but a reminder was no bad thing. Like lots of people on here I rarely visit AAJ so a heads-up on this is appreciated.

Agreed!

I don't think I was harsh or anything, just short in a no-bs way... no intention to offend anyone, and happy to hear about Chris' activities on other jazz boards (which I don't read, so I had no idea).

Anyway, I'm happy to help stirring up things a bit and generating some interest in Westbrook! :)

For what it's worth, I think the Westbrook Blake is the best Jazz 'n Poetry ever, mostly 'cause Wm. Blake is such a great poet...

Can't really disagree with that thought and it's interesting to see how Mike's music has progressed over the years from "Tyger" (how it all started) and then a few Blake pieces on his first Brass Band album "For The Record", then onto The Westbrook Blake album itself and the later re-working with added pieces on "Glad Day". His current Blake performances are of his new "Choral Version" which has been performed live a few times and stiill features Phil Minton and Kate Westbrook in the main vocal roles along with either a full adult choir or 4 adult soloists. Both of these versions were incredibly moving when I saw them in London. The earlier Westbrook Blake album is still available but most places will probably have to order it. JAZZCDs ( http://www.jazzcds.co.uk/ ) keep a number of Westbrook CDs but appear to be out of the Westbrook Blake album. They do have the newer Glad Day album however.

There's more information about the Westbrook Blake here: http://www.westbrookjazz.co.uk/mikewestbrook/blake.shtml

• 3 weeks later...