'Miles Plugs In'

sidewinder

Available for a couple of days via I-Player for anyone who can access it. :)

Miles Plugs In

No great new revelations but new interviews by the sound of it with Wayne Shorter, Airto, John McLaughlin, Dave Holland, Paul Buckmaster, Badal Roy and Dave Liebman, amongst others. Covers the period 'In A Silent Way' via 'On The Corner' to the 1975 recordings.

Well worth a listen !

Available for a couple of days via I-Player for anyone who can access it. :)

Miles Plugs In

No great new revelations but new interviews by the sound of it with Wayne Shorter, Airto, John McLaughlin, Dave Holland, Paul Buckmaster, Badal Roy and Dave Liebman, amongst others. Covers the period 'In A Silent Way' via 'On The Corner' to the 1975 recordings.

Well worth a listen !

I wonder if Radio 2 has a Miles season/series? The other day a friend recommended a Radio 2 programme on Kind of Blue which I said I'd listen to, but "forgot"! :blush2:

Did your hear the previous week's Kind of Blue programme with Guy Barker?

No John - completely missed that one.

Good to hear 'Agharta' and 'Dark Magus' on Radio 2 at last :D . Back in the day when it still still reeked' of the 'light programme', that would never have happened in a million years. Heck, the only station I ever heard 'Agharta' on at time of its original release was a French station I somehow picked up on medium wave through the earpiece of my transistor radio one night (and not only that, they played the whole of one side). Fading in and out like an illicit transmission from another planet !

Edited by sidewinder

Thanks, Sidewinder.

Just listened. Found the presenter a bit annoying - a bit too 'hip with the kids' approach mixed with clearly reading a script! But, maybe the approach will work well with a curious, younger audience.

The BBC has actually become quite keen on these historic performer/genre/label profiles.

No problem ! Another listen to this show has me reaching for my 'On The Corner' box set.

I think this show was put out to mark the 40th Anniversary of the 'IASW' sessions. Astonishing that it is now 40 years ago.

Unusual to see Craig Charles doing this sort of show (usually on TV on 'Red Dwarf' and 'Corrie') but he seems enthusiastic about the music. And that bit by Airto about the pilot on the Air India plane to the IOW Fest being offered LSD (not true fortunately) is pretty funny !

Edited by sidewinder