classical guitar

7/4

Pepe Romero btw Los Romeros

Bought this as new release in the late seventies

http://www.peperomer...let-Dowland.jpg

Unfortunately not reissued as CD - still there are CD`s availble from that era mainly with spanish or italian Baroque Music (esp the recordings with Neville Marrnier & the Academy St. Martin-in-the-Fields are worth to be obtained !!)

Looks interesting. I should go on a blitz and buy as much vinyl classical gtr albums as I can get my hands on.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this on Amazon: $11.79 + shipping from a reseller:

513wAa6dMfL._SS400_.jpg

This arrived in the mail today. In what perhaps is a first for the "OAC" series, the box had a little booklet inside with track listings (that are readable!) and a picture of Williams, in addition to the mini-album covers.

This arrived in the mail today. In what perhaps is a first for the "OAC" series, the box had a little booklet inside with track listings (that are readable!) and a picture of Williams, in addition to the mini-album covers.

I want.

I've been listening to this today: Young Croatian hot shot Ana Vidovic.

villa-lobos-solo-guitar.jpg

Villa-lobos - Complete Solo Guitar Music

Fabio Zanon, gtr

I know this is part of the classical guitar cannon, but I'm learning and excited about checking it all out. I was looking for his string quartets, but thought I should check this out.

edit: and I'm really enjoying it a lot.

I have a version of this played by Narciso Yepes that was put out by DG from 1971. I'm not sure if DG ever released it on CD. There is a recording of the Villa-Lobos by Yepes along w/ Guitar Concerto that was put by DG in 1988 but I can't tell if this is a re-issue of the earlier recording or a newer recording from 1988.

http://www.deutschegrammophon.com/cat/single?PRODUCT_NR=4237002

I want.

I've been listening to this today: Young Croatian hot shot Ana Vidovic.

While you are at it, check out equally teenage Bosnian Sanel Redzic: http://www.sanelredzic.com/En/03.Media/media.htm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

BachCelloSuitestranscribedforguitarsmall

Andreas Von Wangenheim, JS Bach - Six Suites for Violoncello Solo BWV 1007-1012, transcribed for Guitar

I've been enjoying this recently, not the typical Bach transcription* for gtr. He's moved them into different keys, I guess for ease of performance and tone. Very beautiful.

Arkivmusic description

* usual transcriptions are the Lute Suites and the Partitas and Sonatas for solo violin.

Edited by 7/4

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Béla Bartók: Sonata for Guitar, transcription by Christophe Dejour

Béla Bartók: Sonata for guitar. Originally written for solo violin. Arrangement for guitar: Christophe Dejour.
1. Tempo di ciaccona
2. Fuga. Risoluto, non troppo vivo 9,55´
3. Melodia. Adagio 14,45´
4 Presto. 21,54´

"The Sonata for Solo violin Sz.117,BB 124, by Béla Bartók is regarded as one of the most important solo works of the 20th century. It was premiered by Yehudi Menuhin, to whom it was dedicated, in New York on 26 November 1944.

In 2015, after many thoughts, – sketches and considerations, I finished the guitar arrangement. I can only hope that people will recognize my attempt of the arrangement were done with respect for the composer and the unique Music."