Third and Final Coltrane Prestige Box

JETman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Dig It!, only half the album is on the new box. Two tracks, Crazy Rhythm and CTA, don't feature Coltrane. All of Mating Call and Soul Junction are on the box, however.

Actually, I'm surprised a second Miles box hasn't appeared, because I recently bought all of Concord's Miles RVGs...

That's more like it!! Less than $15 shipped. I placed my order. :rsmile:

Seems like a data entry error, but what the heck. We'll see if BestBuy lives up to their mistake.

That's it --- you fell victim to the plot to get you to order a copy! :rolleyes:

Fell victim also. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a single disc comp or something.

However I have in the past picked up the first Coltrane Impulse Box and the Bill Evan's - Turn Out The Lights Box from Best Buy that were also priced wrong. Hoping to go 3-3.

• 2 weeks later...

That's more like it!! Less than $15 shipped. I placed my order. :rsmile:

Seems like a data entry error, but what the heck. We'll see if BestBuy lives up to their mistake.

That's it --- you fell victim to the plot to get you to order a copy! :rolleyes:

Fell victim also. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a single disc comp or something.

However I have in the past picked up the first Coltrane Impulse Box and the Bill Evan's - Turn Out The Lights Box from Best Buy that were also priced wrong. Hoping to go 3-3.

I've just received an email from Best Buy that my shipment is on its way. Many thanks for the tip about the ridiculously low price!

Doesn't seem to be an error, that price is still listed.

I noticed that - very odd.

You would think with all the activity they might get suspicious.

Amazon and b&N are both selling them for 49.00.

On the previous Best Buy 5 disc jazz boxes that went for 15 bucks. Bill Evans Turn Our the Stars Box is now 39.99 and

Coltrane - The Impulse! Albums: Vol. 1 is now 44.99.

Anyway, got my shipment notice. :excited:

Guest Bixieland

Yes it was! But does anyone remember if Best Buy listed it as one disc at the time, like they are with Side Steps? May not mean anything...just curious.

This is bizarre that this keeps happening by the way.

My order shipped from Best Buy as well. I've had a strange journey with the Coltrane Prestige boxes. I first picked up the big complete Prestige set cheap from that German website a couple of years ago. Then I won the Fearless Leader set in that promotion that Concord ran awhile back. And now I picked up this set for $12. I guess I'll need to pick up the second recent Concord box to complete the collection.

Edited by jeffrey r

I thought it was to ship on 10/6.

And did the Bill Evans collection lists one disc or 6, when it sold for that price.

My bad, the Bill Evans was a six disc set. Great deal at the mistake price.

Even better was the JPN box (now selling for $140) that Amazon initially let go for $22.98. I think that's about the best deal/steal I've ever had online.

I got the Miles Cellar Door 6 cd box from CD Universe for $36 shipped on release date. That was my best ever deal. I did get many great deals in CD Now's pre-Amazon days using online coupons, though!!! The Monk Riverside and Miles Prestige boxes come to mind.

I forgot about that one. I got that deal, too!