Massive Fantasy Sale On Oldies.com

street singer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if anyone else has posted this information. I received a catalog from Oldies.Com yesterday which has a massive load of Fantasy material, at $4.98 and $5.98 (The Sonny Stiitt 3-CD set "Stitt's Bits" is $4.98!!) ... I guess that Concord is offloading stock. This is a good chance to fill some OJC gaps, and the prices, with the low postage, makes this a little cheaper than used copies from Amazon dealers ...

WWW.Oldies.com

Edited by garthsj

I just went through the rigmarole of setting up an account, selecting 13 CDs, to be told a $65 order would cost $31 to ship to the UK. Changed my mind, probably for the best.

That's a bargain ! They were quoting over $200 shipping to the UK when I tried when this deal was originally 'aired'. I gave up... :wacko:

I just went through the rigmarole of setting up an account, selecting 13 CDs, to be told a $65 order would cost $31 to ship to the UK. Changed my mind, probably for the best.

That's a bargain ! They were quoting over $200 shipping to the UK when I tried when this deal was originally 'aired'. I gave up... :wacko:

Wow - $200. How many were you buying?

Wow - $200. How many were you buying?

I think it was about 30 in my 'basket'. Went quickly to 0.

Where have you been? :) There's lots of talk about this sale in this thread.

I am sorry to have revisited this topic ... Because I am working on a publishing deadline I cannot visit here as often as I used to ... so I do tend to miss things ... and my search skills are not very finely honed ... but my intentions were good (like the road to Hell!). :blush2:

Garth.

Where have you been? :) There's lots of talk about this sale in this thread.

I am sorry to have revisited this topic ... Because I am working on a publishing deadline I cannot visit here as often as I used to ... so I do tend to miss things ... and my search skills are not very finely honed ... but my intentions were good (like the road to Hell!). :blush2:

Garth.

Absolutely no need to apologize. I was just wondering... :)

My third order arrived today, with some backorders from the first two yesterday.

I received a Daedalus catalog today and they seemed to have a few Concord/Fantasy cutouts that I don't remember seeing at Oldies, including the still fairly new Monterey Jazz Festival series, nearly every one except for the Brubeck.

Daedalus is selling most of the Monterey JF titles for $6.98. Artists include Davis, Monk, MJF 50th Anniversary Ensemble (Green, Moody et al), Vaughan, Horn, Tjader, Gillespie, Witherspoon.

Among those not included in the sale are two that I still seek: Blakey and the Monterey Jazz Quartet (Dave Holland).