Massive Fantasy Sale On Oldies.com

street singer

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have to stop letting my impulses get the best of me. I just placed this order, although I just realized that I forgot to get my one free for buying ten.

The Wynton Kelly Trio - Full View OJCCD-912-2 1 In-Stock $5.98

Gene Ammons - Boss Tenor [Rudy Van Gelder Remaster] - PRCD-8102-2 1 In-Stock $5.98

John Coltrane - Soultrane [Rudy Van Gelder Remaster] - PRCD-30006-2 1 In-Stock $5.98

Phineas Newborn Jr. - A World Of Piano! - OJCCD-175-2 1 In-Stock $5.98

Johnny Griffin - Bush Dance - GCD-95004-2 1 In-Stock $5.98

Gerry Mulligan & Thelonious Monk - Mulligan Meets Monk (SACD) - RISA-1106-6 1 In-Stock $5.98

Sonny Rollins - Freedom Suite [Keepnews Collection] - RCD-30507 1 In-Stock $5.98

Kenny Barron - Live At Maybeck Recital Hall, Volume 10 - CCD-4466-2 1 In-Stock $5.98

McCoy Tyner - Enlightenment - MCD-55001-2 1 In-Stock $5.98

Michael Brecker - Pilgrimage - HUCD3095 1 In-Stock $5.98

Subtotal $59.80

Coupon:CMG ($11.96)

Sales Tax $0.00

Total $47.84

Edited by relyles

Yes indeed! Sad!

I'm glad I spent so much in the past years... at least Universal is bringing some stuff back in yurp, but I guess you can't find those in the US. The Universal re-prints contain few of the less obvious titles, but of course plenty of Basie, Ellington, Peterson (Pablo material), Miles, Coltrane, Tyner, Brubeck etc is around again. Among the less obvious ones I'd count "When Farmer Met Gryce" and the "Jazz Scene San Francisco" session, also the Mingus Esoteric or whatever it was 1954 date with Thad Jones, Macero etc, as well as some (all?) of the Debut Rarities.

Paul McCartney - Memory Almost Full (CD/DVD Deluxe Edition)

Aggie, you're giving the rest of us some ammo, whenever we feel the need to humiliate you! :D

LOL - Trust me, there's plenty of ammo in about 8700 of my other posts! :rlol

Oh yeah? What's in the other 153 posts? :w

I couldn't find a way either. Lots of RVGs and Keepnews Collections seem priced 5.99.

I found a number of SACDs for 5.98 as well. . . from Fantasy and Concord. That's a deal!

Also: The code CMG still gets you 20 percent off the total.

Hope you don't mind me asking a stupid question? I understand the SACD's will run off a normal cd player which I presently own. Question, will the sound quality still be superior to a normal cd?

Hope you don't mind me asking a stupid question? I understand the SACD's will run off a normal cd player which I presently own. Question, will the sound quality still be superior to a normal cd?

I have some of these - to my ears the CD layers sound like new remasters, and sound better than the first OJC issues of these titles.

In the case of the Gil Evans Prestige album, the SACD is the first time a stereo master was assembled on both layers. The LP and OJC reissues all were in mono.

The Concord SACD reissues, otoh, carry the original stereo master on the CD layer and a new stereo transfer and a new multi-channel mix on the SACD layers.

Edited by mikeweil

If it interests you, upgrade to the Gil Evans & Ten for the first stereo issue of this great date.

I had quite a few Fantasy hybrid SACDs. I never heard the SACD layers, so I can't comment on those, but I wasn't impressed by the CD layers on the ones I've listened to. The Gil Evans Chuck mentioned is an exception, though; wonderful music and excellent mastering. Highly recommended!

Paul McCartney - Memory Almost Full (CD/DVD Deluxe Edition)

Aggie, you're giving the rest of us some ammo, whenever we feel the need to humiliate you! :D

LOL - Trust me, there's plenty of ammo in about 8700 of my other posts! :rlol

Oh yeah? What's in the other 153 posts? :w

Hey, those are the exception that prove the rule! :tophat:

I caved and ordered 11 more:

Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane - The Complete 1957 Riverside Recordings $0.00

Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas SACD $5.98

Ray Charles & The Count Basie Orchestra - Ray Sings, Basie Swings SACD$5.98

Dizzy Gillespie - Live At The 1965 Monterey Jazz Festival $5.98

Various Artists - Amadeus Soundtrack SACD$5.98

Michael Brecker - Pilgrimage SACD$5.98

Coleman Hawkins - The Hawk Flies High $5.98

Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis, Coleman Hawkins, Buddy Tate & Arnett Cobb - Very Saxy $5.98

Sonny Criss - This Is Criss! $5.98

Gil Evans - Gil Evans & Ten SACD $5.98

Nnenna Freelon - Tales Of Wonder $5.98

Already have the Monk/Trane material in other configurations, but this seemed like a good way to have it all in one place. And I already have the Brecker, on redbook cd.

Okay, recently I must be using obsessive collecting to distract me from thr troubles in my life. Just placed another final order.

Miles Davis - Miles Davis And The Modern Jazz Giants PRCD-7150-2 - $0.00

Gil Evans - Gil Evans & Ten PRSA-7120-6 - $5.98

Harold Land - The Fox OJCCD-343-2 - $5.98

McCoy Tyner With Stanley Clarke And Al Foster - McCoy Tyner With Stanley Clarke And Al Foster 63488 - $5.98

John Coltrane - Lush Life [Rudy Van Gelder Remaster] PRCD-8103-2 - $5.98

Milt Jackson & Wes Montgomery - Bags Meets Wes! [Keepnews Collection] RCD-30502 - $5.98

The Modern Jazz Quartet - Django PRSA-7057-6 - $5.98

Nat Adderley - Work Song [Keepnews Collection] -RCD-30506 - $5.98

Jack McDuff - Tough 'Duff OJCCD-324-2 - $5.98

George Russell Sextet - Ezz-Thetics [Keepnews Collection] RCD-30188 - $8.98

Sonny Criss - This Is Criss! [Rudy Van Gelder Remaster] PRCD-30654 - $5.98

Subtotal $62.80

Coupon:CMG ($12.56)

Shipping: Free Ground Shipping $0.00

Sales Tax $0.00

Total $50.24

Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane - The Complete 1957 Riverside Recordings $0.00

Gee, you sure you can afford that one?

By the way, when should I pick you up at Philly airport for the organissimo show this coming week? :rolleyes:

I'd be there tomorrow if I could - I love youse guys! (do you all talk that way??)

12311914.jpg

Gee, you sure you can afford that one?

By the way, when should I pick you up at Philly airport for the organissimo show this coming week? :rolleyes:

I'd be there tomorrow if I could - I love youse guys! (do you all talk that way??)

12311914.jpg

Just some of the natives--and only SOUTH Philly natives, at that. :cool:

Okay, recently I must be using obsessive collecting to distract me from thr troubles in my life. Just placed another final order.

Miles Davis - Miles Davis And The Modern Jazz Giants PRCD-7150-2 - $0.00

Gil Evans - Gil Evans & Ten PRSA-7120-6 - $5.98

Harold Land - The Fox OJCCD-343-2 - $5.98

McCoy Tyner With Stanley Clarke And Al Foster - McCoy Tyner With Stanley Clarke And Al Foster 63488 - $5.98

John Coltrane - Lush Life [Rudy Van Gelder Remaster] PRCD-8103-2 - $5.98

Milt Jackson & Wes Montgomery - Bags Meets Wes! [Keepnews Collection] RCD-30502 - $5.98

The Modern Jazz Quartet - Django PRSA-7057-6 - $5.98

Nat Adderley - Work Song [Keepnews Collection] -RCD-30506 - $5.98

Jack McDuff - Tough 'Duff OJCCD-324-2 - $5.98

George Russell Sextet - Ezz-Thetics [Keepnews Collection] RCD-30188 - $8.98

Sonny Criss - This Is Criss! [Rudy Van Gelder Remaster] PRCD-30654 - $5.98

Subtotal $62.80

Coupon:CMG ($12.56)

Shipping: Free Ground Shipping $0.00

Sales Tax $0.00

Total $50.24

I think you'll really enjoy Harold Land's The Fox It's a great album, and Dupree Bolton is amazing on it.

greg mo