Bad news from Mosaic

J.A.W.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

For those willing to shelve out 71€ for a Select (I'd be crazy enough if I hadn't gotten these, the Dexter and Pullen at this very price, I think), German Amazon still has a few of these left:

Dexter Gordon (1 left)

Grachan Moncur III (3 left, also some marketplace offers)

Carmell Jones (1 left, and a few marketplace offers)

I'm not taking any responsibility of course...

• 2 months later...

Well I'm still waiting on my John Patton set from Mosaic, sent " surface" 16/9/09. Not had to wait this long for years. Worryingly the other Selects I got at last gasp arrived within 10 days of ordering. Fingers crossed.

Postal strike wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?

MG

still waiting, I am getting convinced that this one is lost/delayed in transit. I'll give it a few more days before troubling the "new Cindy" (aka Fred)

My order from November 2009 was lost in the mail (Artie Shaw, Boogie Woogie Select, Randy Weston Select). Fred sent me a replacement order which arrived today, but without the Weston Select which was deleted in the meantime...

What happened to your package?

AR

Well I'm still waiting on my John Patton set from Mosaic, sent " surface" 16/9/09. Not had to wait this long for years. Worryingly the other Selects I got at last gasp arrived within 10 days of ordering. Fingers crossed.

Postal strike wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?

MG

still waiting, I am getting convinced that this one is lost/delayed in transit. I'll give it a few more days before troubling the "new Cindy" (aka Fred)

My order from November 2009 was lost in the mail (Artie Shaw, Boogie Woogie Select, Randy Weston Select). Fred sent me a replacement order which arrived today, but without the Weston Select which was deleted in the meantime...

What happened to your package?

AR

John Patton Select never arrived, waited in vain, presumed lost. At least I had "Along came John " on CD and nice Liberty pressing of "Understanding", my fault for sitting on the fence till this crisis. Mosaic were of course a model of good customer relations and credited the set against my next purchase.

The deleted Selects have been all over Ebay lately. There are several Richards, Slack, Pepper, Gordon, Brookmeyer, Jones, Pearson, Shank/Cooper, PJPT, Reece, and Patton sets listed right now.

But not for reasonable prices. The "buy it now" Selects are pretty expensive and the ones that are auctioned off usually go for $80 and up.

The deleted Selects have been all over Ebay lately. There are several Richards, Slack, Pepper, Gordon, Brookmeyer, Jones, Pearson, Shank/Cooper, PJPT, Reece, and Patton sets listed right now.

But not for reasonable prices. The "buy it now" Selects are pretty expensive and the ones that are auctioned off usually go for $80 and up.

E.g., Richards Select for $135.83. blink.gif

I'm offering a Patton Select for $60 postpaid over at Offering and Looking For if anyone is interested...

Lots of items back in stock now, Hutcherson, Tyner, Mulligan, Benedetti, etc.

Still waiting on the Beiderbecke. Hopefully soon.

Damn! The surface shipping option is no longer a possibility for international buyers. I wanted to order the Mulligan on its own but $15 for a $44 order, that's a bit too much. I'll wait a bit and combine it with another big set (Either the Peterson or the Crosby)

Yet I'm glad that we now have the possibility to go the Fedex route. It seems that my request to Mosaic has been heard! excited.gif

Gee, that sucks about the Weston!

There seem to be some copies of it around though:

http://www.amazon.de/Mosaic-Select-Randy-Weston/dp/B00028G07C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1266489038&sr=1-1

Rather pricey, but it's a very good set!

I'll check it out when Greek economics shall ameliorate ...:-)) Thanks for the link!

I enjoyed the Boogie Woogie Select yesterday a lot. Amazing transfers.

AR