A bit of help for AAJ

A Lark Ascending

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have to keep open doors to new members with new thoughts and personalities and ideas. 

Imagine what it must be like for a new member to enter our halls...they see a very tight community and they might not feel that they belong.  They might also feel inhibited about expressing their personalies and ideas, especially if it might run counter to the prevailing Zeitgeist. 

We should welcome everybody. 

Given that, I think I'll try hanging out here for a while, if that okay with you good folks... Yes, something of an AAJ refugee here. A few of you guys may know me, and to those who don't yet - hey now! :)

Edited by gdogus

I'm remembering when most of us here, on the Organissimo board, were refugees, Blue Note refugees.

We crashed a couple of boards (including the AAJ) before b3-er setup his own board here. Yeah, I suppose we should allow AAJ refugees to walk through our grounds and see what they think of them.

We have to keep open doors to new members with new thoughts and personalities and ideas. 

Imagine what it must be like for a new member to enter our halls...they see a very tight community and they might not feel that they belong.  They might also feel inhibited about expressing their personalies and ideas, especially if it might run counter to the prevailing Zeitgeist. 

Given that, I think I'll try hanging out here for a while, if that okay with you good folks... Yes, something of an AAJ refugee here. A few of you guys may know me, and to those who don't yet - hey now! :)

I don't think I know you, but welcome! :rsmile:

Welcome here, gdogus!

ubu

I was not here for the "Greg Affair" and did not know that Kevin Bresnahan had been a casualty of that affair---willingly so on his part if I read the thread correctly. However, let's bury the hatchet. I would like to write Kevin and welcome him back to this Board unless there is some strong objection from the Board's current members. He was always a thoughtful poster and his relationship with Michael Cuscuna was invaluable. The recent release of Sonic Boom resulted from the lobbying of Kevin at Blue Note.

Edited by grey

yup, me too

Me too, too. But I sure wish he hadn't deleted all his threads here on this board, especially the really long one where we were discussing the new Cons (long before they actually came out).

But people do stupid shit sometimes, even people who are normally otherwise good to have around. :mellow:

(I don't mean to dredge up the past -- and for the record, I'd generally be glad if Kevin did came back. I lobbied for him not to leave in the first place, but whatever. -_- )