Threadgill and Air

JETman

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I goth that box (and all the material as individual CDs, and all the Novus/etc material as original releases as well).. I decided to order the mosaic when I needed to make a drummer a copy of "The Jick" for reference/study purposes and only had the LP. Got to thinking that it would be nice to have all this stuff with the "under one roof" thing, all in digital, as well as getting to the unreleased X-75 material. Bottom line, the lazier I get, the more inclined I am to send links to You-Tube videos than to rip an LP cut, even though YT audio is just nastybad sucking.

Oh well, 2015 will be her soon enough, one hopes!

• 5 months later...

This set is available again. I sent an email over the weekend asking about the Jan 2015 date on the web site. Heard back today that it is inventory. Ordered it for myself. While I only heard Henry Threadgill for the first time in 2009 -- while trying to track down anything and everything with Olu Dara -- this set has been on my radar as my first Mosaic and for the Air and Sextett albums since it was released. Glad it is back.

My order arrived today, and while I did not take the time to listen to it on the home stereo, I managed to burn the Sextett albums to my computer and listen to You Know the Number and Easily Slip Into Another World later on. In terms of sound, even on an iPod, I thought these sounded great. I have always enjoyed the Sextett -- among other reasons -- for the two drummers thing (I am also a fan of the Allman Bros). The percussion can through beautifully on these, imho. Look forward to getting to more of this later, hopefully on the stereo.

• 4 weeks later...